Admin Table - September 12

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Admin Table - September 12

Post by XDemonX »

JettJackson wrote:I updated the ship list to include the reduction of the thief to 10.8 million per request and discussion by the admins for balancing purposes plus I upped the price of the Alskant Trademaster to 12.8 million while adding 50 more holds to make it 200 holds.

Excel file link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mth2kzth4gpdz ... t.xls?dl=0

Open Office link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/17oww2y6am3dz ... t.ods?dl=0
Looks good. I like this better. I would even support a boost to the holds for trade potential, maybe a slight decrease in defense and increase in price again.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

XDemonX wrote:
JettJackson wrote:I updated the ship list to include the reduction of the thief to 10.8 million per request and discussion by the admins for balancing purposes plus I upped the price of the Alskant Trademaster to 12.8 million while adding 50 more holds to make it 200 holds.

Excel file link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mth2kzth4gpdz ... t.xls?dl=0

Looks good. I like this better. I would even support a boost to the holds for trade potential, maybe a slight decrease in defense and increase in price again.
I would like to keep the defense as is, for the sake of a pseudo Op ship. If you lowered it, you would rapidly make that ineffective.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Per discussion of admin team we did decide to lower the prices of the FU (5 million) and the DC (4 million), an updated list can be found at the links below.

Excel Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mth2kzth4gpdz ... t.xls?dl=0

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

JettJackson wrote:Per discussion of admin team we did decide to lower the prices of the FU (5 million) and the DC (4 million), an updated list can be found at the links below.

Can you post the discussion? It doesn't make sense to why they're reduced. If anything, they should be increased. Profit has been buffed. This is not biased because I usually only fly DC/FU. What makes it so much fun is it is expensive, which makes it rare. Not everyone is allowed to get one if you're in an alliance and people save up to just to afford to get one. And you all know that feeling when you pod someone else's FU.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

XDemonX wrote:
JettJackson wrote:Per discussion of admin team we did decide to lower the prices of the FU (5 million) and the DC (4 million), an updated list can be found at the links below.

Can you post the discussion? It doesn't make sense to why they're reduced. If anything, they should be increased. Profit has been buffed. This is not biased because I usually only fly DC/FU. What makes it so much fun is it is expensive, which makes it rare. Not everyone is allowed to get one if you're in an alliance and people save up to just to afford to get one. And you all know that feeling when you pod someone else's FU.
Here are the 2 posts which I agreed with, yes it isn't some super long discussion but it didn't feel necessary to make it one
Incognito wrote:
jouldax wrote:Few things:

2) I thought we talked about slightly lowering the prices of the FU and DC (38 and 24 million respectively). All the top racials are a lot cheaper now so, while these are the best hunters, I think there should be a little more balance.

2. I could go either way on the FU/DC. I don't think 5 mil will make much difference to those two. The people that want to use them will buy it no matter what.
Incognito wrote:I say leave HBC as it is in the sheet and drop the FU/DC prices by 5/4mil respectively.
Furthermore, going back to your point about profitability being up, that is true but conversely alliance sizes and activity is much lower now so I consider it a wash there. I understand your point about making them rare ships but 43 million is 3 1/2 to 5 times the price of most racials where as 38 million is more in the 3 to 4 1/2 times, it is still by far a premium ship but at a slightly lowered price.

XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Just to retouch on this FU decrease as we are getting closer.

The thing I dislike about this game is stuff is too easy to obtain. I can easily make ~8m a day trading on an average route. So in under 5 days of trading I can buy the most expensive ship in the game. There is no sense of accomplishment for trading a certain amount of exp or money. At least scale it so killing/flying a FU is cool.. Not that cool if I can spend the weekdays trading a FU then have one by weekend.

In the future, I would like to see us move to more restrictions on ships. Such as, you need a certain amount of experience to buy a ship (or level). This will force people to use the other ships in the game and keep people trading longer. How many people trade for the first week for cash for their alliance.. go pretty much inactive until ops then op with < 20k experience.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

XDemonX wrote: In the future, I would like to see us move to more restrictions on ships. Such as, you need a certain amount of experience to buy a ship (or level). This will force people to use the other ships in the game and keep people trading longer. How many people trade for the first week for cash for their alliance.. go pretty much inactive until ops then op with < 20k experience.
I would be against any sort of restrictions because it only benefits those who join the game immediately, what if someone joins the game midway through it and wants to op. Am I supposed to tell them sorry but you can't because you don't have X number experience? This sort of idea only benefits those who play hyperactively and don't need the benefit to begin with.

XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

JettJackson wrote:
XDemonX wrote: In the future, I would like to see us move to more restrictions on ships. Such as, you need a certain amount of experience to buy a ship (or level). This will force people to use the other ships in the game and keep people trading longer. How many people trade for the first week for cash for their alliance.. go pretty much inactive until ops then op with < 20k experience.
I would be against any sort of restrictions because it only benefits those who join the game immediately, what if someone joins the game midway through it and wants to op. Am I supposed to tell them sorry but you can't because you don't have X number experience? This sort of idea only benefits those who play hyperactively and don't need the benefit to begin with.
No they can op. But they may not be able to get the top raiding ship in the game. Someone that joins the game immediately should be able to get the same stuff as someone who played all game?

SMR is an awesome game don't get me wrong. What SMR lacks is the investment factor one has to their account. Games are so short because each game its a mad race to just get money to get op ships then it is just an op war. People only login to op and if the leader doesn't call ops then no one logs in.

Biggest beef I have with SMR is everyone is trying to reinvent the wheel. You gotta look at this like you are running a business. Look at other successful businesses (games). What makes them successful? That is all business is, is copying and improving on current business models.

Look at games like EVE Online. This game is extremely popular for 10+ years. I have tried it and what made it fun for me is the opportunity to work to fly an awesome ship. There is zero sense of accomplishments in me joining the game and hopping in the same top ship as everyone else. People like Hugh who got 500k this game should be able to fly a unique ship that is slightly better than everyone elses.

Again, think of the current setup. If you're not opping then you're just sitting on full turns waiting for an op. This happens about a month into every game. Only the first few weeks are actually fun and activity is fairly high because people have something to do and work towards (money being the case). If there were something work for maybe I would want to trade M-F and hunt Saturday/Sunday.

Reverting back to classic isn't going to bring back 50, 20 or even 10 active players. We need bigger changes unless you are happy with the current playerbase.
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

Again, it's a nice idea and all, but we still need a coder with the time to do that. We can have all the ideas in the world, but without someone with the time to put it into code, nothing will happen.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Incognito wrote:Again, it's a nice idea and all, but we still need a coder with the time to do that. We can have all the ideas in the world, but without someone with the time to put it into code, nothing will happen.
I can do it this weekend. This is a minor change in coding aspects. If admin team approves this, then let's draft up requirements and I can make the changes needed.