Webboard manipulation

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
TK
Quiet One

Post by TK »

Kahless_ wrote:The issue is, we will learn how to use the changes faster than anyone else can and it will make no difference to us so these people believing that were fear change are either morons or just confused about why we succeed in this game that they cant figure out anything.
Be at the meeting on thursday...no, you wont learn how to use the changes because they are dramatic. When the new version of SMR is released, ports will change so there are no established routes to sit in fed and hunt, and attacking will be based on how you develop your character and the only thing staying the same with combat is warbird vs warbird combat.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

I dont want to sound like a pessimist, but seeing as i was a member of the alpha team that developed a plan for SMR2 which would entirely new direction for SMR to be heading (and not just a few suggestions, we had the thing laid out and ready to be coded) until it all fell apart, hell the closest we got was a login page with our own personal login and then poof! gone!, i cant help but feel that this "Brand new idea" is going to go down a similar path.

You claim nothing will be the same, which is exactly the idea we went with. our motto, something along the lines of diversity through simplicity or something like that had new races, new combat, new weapons, new trading, new planets, new ports, new forces, new role playing characteristics, new EVERYTHING.

And all that was lost because we were not able to manage such a massive change. (Other reason contributed like some infighting and arguements from ingame spilling over into threads which is scarily similar to the current environment that these discussions are coing from)
Smor
Quiet One

Post by Smor »

COOL!!!

we will have chance to pwn u all in brand new game :)
Please send me pm ingame or here with corrections of mistakes i did.

Faded Image, Sector 7G, ~Vodka Traders~, The Order, Reincernation, Reborn Again, Rebels, The Guild, Veil of Avalon, New Dawn, Illusion, Suckas, Armory
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

No, your not the only one. But my opinion doesnt count.
Smor
Quiet One

Post by Smor »

my neighter
Please send me pm ingame or here with corrections of mistakes i did.

Faded Image, Sector 7G, ~Vodka Traders~, The Order, Reincernation, Reborn Again, Rebels, The Guild, Veil of Avalon, New Dawn, Illusion, Suckas, Armory
telekinesis
Quiet One

Post by telekinesis »

TK wrote:
Kahless_ wrote:The issue is, we will learn how to use the changes faster than anyone else can and it will make no difference to us so these people believing that were fear change are either morons or just confused about why we succeed in this game that they cant figure out anything.
Be at the meeting on thursday...no, you wont learn how to use the changes because they are dramatic. When the new version of SMR is released, ports will change so there are no established routes to sit in fed and hunt, and attacking will be based on how you develop your character and the only thing staying the same with combat is warbird vs warbird combat.
So that sounds like a version of EVE online without Graphics?

Like i said the other day to someone on global messages, since i started to play smr a few years ago only minor things changed. i believe alot of interesting ideias can be implemented in game but remember one thing at least is my personal opinion, i like SMR because its simple.

oh, and why isnt make 2 meetings 5AM in game time is a bit 8) up for euro players.
Former Member of: Carnival of Souls, Nitro Express, Armada, Faded Image, The Dogs of War, The Legacy of the Phoenix, Adult Swim,Sillicon Valley, New Dawn, Illusion, Suckas......
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

LotuS wrote:Shtoopid.... Every thread in that sugestions forum has started over something Armory is doing. You bring us into this in every one of your posts. You started this you vs Armory thing.

You are blinded by hatered, your posts show this(flame bait in every post you make), you are so cought up in this you are diving in so fast you are not ever realizing you are asking the wrong question.
I wont quote the whole thing to save space, but I just pointed out things I thought needed improving, sometimes armory highlighted why. And in a final note, what the hell is the point of us heading to manton, it would just waste our turns, you folks never ever ever come out for a fight so why bother. Oh yes, to help the noobs. Why should we have to spend all our time saving them from you?
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I am with you Sterling. I don't know anything about TK, how long has he played or even if he knows the game well enough. :lol: :lol:

Kahless I was on that deveopment team also, I ended up removing myself from it. When I was asked to join the team I was told it was just to improve the existing SMR not to change it into a completely different game.

So the way that TK is talking it sound like there is a whole new game type coming. :?:
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

LotuS wrote:We mined manton for the sole purpose you would have something to retaliate against, no one has tried to clear it, no hunting ops have come to try to take on armory, no one has even tried to retaliate. But you say you cant.
As for the newbies and Armory making no sugestions, we realize this web board is worthless for ideas because we have no coder to implement them. Alot of Armory is quiting after this game because of the Hatered you and the community spill on them, Alot of others are planning on leading newbie alliances, the only real way to train new players with any productive %. We will see how this game ends, and we wil see how the next one begins, but this hatered you bring will not help anyone or anypart of this game.

I do not believe that is the reason you mined manton...... I think its because of all the traffic that galaxy gets.... mining it up and waiting for pings is a sure fire way to get kills, as you pounce on people stuck in singles.... However, the map is designed in such a way.... that the vet alliances who live in Livstar have no reason to clear manton and thus you aren't preying on 'cru noobs hehe' like you normally do.... you're preying on the newer players of the game... Until Sufex decides to park his FU on top of some offline cloakers or Selection decides his XP is good enough to park in the open we have no reason to 'retaliate against' you...

Also, i don't believe its 'Hatered' that is making 'a lot' of armory quit next game.... i have talked with a bunch of you/them and it seems shame is the reason.. It seems a fair number of you feel shame for mining manton and don't want to be a part of an alliance like that next game, so they are either quitting or creating a noob alliance so the burden of guilt can be lifted. (Bravo to the ones leaving for a noob alliance)... However, i am sure the egotistical selfish player i would like to see quit will not be quitting next game as breaking the 1000 kill mark will not be enough to satisfy his needs... He will undoubtedly be tryin to break the Master mark next game...
buttsack
Quiet One

Post by buttsack »

Purify wrote:He will undoubtedly be tryin to break the Master mark next game...
Well if he is doing that, then all he will be doing is purely trading. :) I'm sure a lot would love that..
Green Skulls, Crimson and Clover, Army of Cuda, Suckas, Armory, Armory v2, Green Skulls, Lords of the Pings, Green Skulls, Ingenious!