Ghengis's ban

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
DW
Quiet One

Ghengis's ban

Post by DW »

so from what i understand ghengis was perma banned for sayin Jester is a cheater?

please correct me if im wrong
Do i come to your house and tell you how to **** your boyfriend?
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I believe he had over 90 points and he received the minimal ban points he could and it went over the 100 point benchmark.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

this is where the point system has failed the game, the offense hardly deserved a permaban
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
kerkem
Quiet One

Post by kerkem »

STEBO48858 wrote:this is where the point system has failed the game, the offense hardly deserved a permaban

i agree. this is terrible, imo, fwiw.
Kerkem
Izzanods
Quiet One

Post by Izzanods »

I've got nothing to lose, so here goes:

(1) This thread shouldn't be locked, even if "we" begin to question the actions/decisions of any/all admins
(2) This is a very important discussion because this perma-ban is being given with the iron fist from the land of bullcrap
(3) Yes, Ghengis can be a royal pain in the butt and even I have previously questioned whether he uses more than 1 account and I took my issues to the admins in this game
(4) Yes, Ghengis can be a jerk and a royal pain in the butt--wait, did I say that already? Well, he is and probably will always be but..
(5) Yes, we need people to follow the rules and when they don't, punishment should be handed out but a perma-ban? Who's decision was this and was it discussed amongst the people in the high up category? Forget Siege and Jester--I could care less if either was in the loop but BOB, Azool, PV and Spock need to be involved here. A perma-ban being given is absurd
(6) Jester might not be a "cheater" but some of us feel he is or at the very least, he's unworthy of admin status and even a player in the community that has crossed the fine line numerous times--the PR Bug, bumping his players up from Fledgling to the next option so they could get top racials to PR, to possibly sharing Method's account (which Sterling said he admitted to) to now attacking a semi-training alliance because HE was insulted by Sterling--which I have the in game from Jester complaining about and Hades confirming to me that it was Sterling to using inside information to bust the uno planet in Doriath of DSG and then taking the bonder. If you've been around long enough, you know the first few actions are FACT. Jester had his admin status removed.
(7) Getting back to Ghengis, a perma-ban? While Ghengis is no BOB or Peng or HK...he's no TK even though he's annoying and pushy. With that being said...the perma-ban is a complete JOKE and shows the community (what we have left) that decisions are based on the letter of the law, not the spirit. Even though TK was brought back or allowed back, Ghengis shouldn't have been given this type of ban. It's not a simple 100 ban point and PERMA BAN. Each case should be looked at and it's absurd that this has happened and how he found out. A ban was in order perhaps but not a perma-ban--even if it's reduced in a few weeks to scare him or whatever.
It was wrong. Things need to change here. Stop with the immediate discipline and take a step back to think things over and properly.

Izzy
oc12 here, what you playing with slowpoke?
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

all this is doing is making good smr players leave the game and that is the last thing we need. just give him like a 2month ban!!
ImageImage
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

Discussing of the point system is allowed but remember to not cross the line into a discussion of Admin decisions.

I thought the point system was being moved to 200 points for perma ban so situations like this wouldn't occur so easily. But you have to remember this is only a problem because Genghis already had points for a variety of things. At some point a continuous disregard for the rules, even if minor infractions, has to sum up to something more serious such as a perma ban or preferably some other lengthly ban. Perma bans should be reserved for players who continuously show no regard to play within the rules and cheat.

While it sucks to lose a player you have to keep in mind that such destructive behaviour and a disregard for the rules can drive other players away.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Trigek wrote:Discussing of the point system is allowed but remember to not cross the line into a discussion of Admin decisions.

I thought the point system was being moved to 200 points for perma ban so situations like this wouldn't occur so easily. But you have to remember this is only a problem because Genghis already had points for a variety of things. At some point a continuous disregard for the rules, even if minor infractions, has to sum up to something more serious such as a perma ban or preferably some other lengthly ban. Perma bans should be reserved for players who continuously show no regard to play within the rules and cheat.

While it sucks to lose a player you have to keep in mind that such destructive behaviour and a disregard for the rules can drive other players away.
That's going to be in 1.5 I believe, but the future point system will hopefully be extended to a larger scale.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Permaban for a small offense may seem harsh but when you're that close you have to walk the straight and narrow. Would this still be a matter for discussion if he had done his offenses in another order and the last one was 90 points worth and put him over the 100?
Pings seldom come alone and rarely when you're online
GhengisTheGreat

Post by GhengisTheGreat »

While I appreciate everyone trying to defend me, It is no use. Jester and RCK both hate me. RCK told me he wasn't going to ban me, but if I accuesd Jester again he would.. I did NOT accuse Jester for the second time, and yet i woke up to a ban. When i asked RCK why he banned me, he simply replied this:

<RCK> if you want to know why, simply put, i changed my mind. I talked to PV he agreed so the ban was put it place.

So, you're telling me, because you "change your mind" (most likely because you talked to Jester, and Jester is your leader, and also because you talked to pv and hes also in SF), that i deserve the ban for this. Sad thing is, not a few months ago i had 0 ban points. I was banned for xdx and I "sharing accounts" when we didn't, and i got 99 points for it. I was unbanned the next day because Azool told me it wasn't able to be proven, but i still kept the 99 ban points. Is that fair too? I didn't do anything to deserve those ban points and Azool knew it, and yet i kept them. And, as a result of that, I'm permabanned for a 10 point ban added to my previous 99 point ban because RCK simply changed his mind. This is whats wrong with smr. The admins of this game treat it like we're all 10 year olds. OHHH i called someone a cheater, big deal. Is that worse than Jester ACTUALLY cheated? I'd like RCK to define whats worse, cheating, or accusing someone of cheating. Jester = no ban as a result of all the cheating hes done in his passed, Ghengis = permabanned for saying Jester is a cheater. Not that I really care anymore, because this free online game has caused me enough greif, but I still think justice should be served. Simple fact is that Jester ONLY came at DSG because Red Dwarf Mining Co told him he rebonded our money, and he knew exactally where it was and where we were landed. Thats the ONLY reason Jester came, and he knows it. He might SAY its because Sterling offended him in our alliance credo, but its not. Yeah, i called him a cheater, one time, but it was only out of anger. I really didn't mean to call him a cheater because its "technically" not cheating, and i knew that, but when i get angry i type faster than i think and i type nonsense. I really ment to say what he did was shady and ignorant. and it is ruining the game. He obviously couldn't keep up with armory and crew, so he went after the alliance who is trying to help newbies. And I know, everyone in SF is going to say "youre alliance isn't full of noobs" .. Well, technically it is. We had an alliance of prolly 90% of people who didn't know what they were doing in a galaxy. They didn't know what they're doing building, mining, or fighting. Some of them know how to hunt, some of them know how to trade, but that doesnt' make them vets. To be a vet, you have to know all aspects of the game. Not just trading not just hunting. You need to know how to run a galaxy, and thats what izzy, sterling, and myself were trying to do. But, it was hard to do when armory hunts our uno when we "tried" to op, and SF busts us when we were just getting rolling. Look, I'm not trying to get unbanned, I'm really not. I couldn't careless about this game anymore, but either Jester should be removed as admin and rules should be changed, or this game will go down even far more than it already has.