Feed Back????

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Feed Back????

Post by Freon22 »

I just finished a Blue theme for the Freon22 interface. I would like to have it tested to make sure I only changed the property that need changing. What I am trying to do is to create a template of just the colors. This way it would be much easyer to change the colors for new theme colors.

So I looked and seen that the vote for a blue theme got the most votes so that is the one I did.

To test this Blue theme you have go to Preferences scroll down to

Change CSS Link and paste this link http://video.smrealms.de/css/Blue.css

Make sure that enable default css is yes.
Enable Default CSS Yes

Make sure that you select the Freon22 template
Template Freon22

Thanks for any feedback, I know that not everyone likes the color blue. So if you don't like it then that is cool, what I want to know is did I cover all the property? If you do like the color blue but not these shades then let me know what color blues I should be using. Once I get the feedback I will clean up the Blue.css file and maybe Page will add it as an Option under the Freon22 Template.
Page
SMR Coder

Re: Feed Back????

Post by Page »

I actually quite like this from breifly looking at it, although it might look a bit better with the insides of the boxes a bit darker, not sure.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I think you maybe right, a little more black added to the boxies would look better. Once I get a clean color template (which I already have just need to delete all the commented out areas) I plan to make the other colors that got votes in the poll you had. I am also planning to make one with the SMR green default colors.

Edit: Done, made it darker. But if I make it much darker then I think I will also have the make the borders a little darker because they will stand out too much.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

I only glanced at it, but I will try to get some time while im at work tonight to review it and comment.

Keep up the good work regardless!
Dragone
Quiet One

Post by Dragone »

Looks pretty nice... its much easier on the eyes than this puke green

Not sure if anyone else knows this but back in the day in Marta's SM, when they changed to the green look, it wasn't actually supposed to look green. It was supposed to look blue-ish. The problem was with the programmer's computer moniter... it looked blue to him but green to everyone else. The Hue was off...
Dont Hate The Player, Hate The Game
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i Like it, but you just have to change the background...
ImageImage
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Background???? Which one, the page background, the boxies background, the main area backgound where the stars are? Also change it to what? Has anyone noticed that while viewing the Local Map you can see through the sectors a little?

I looked at the color votes and purple has the next highest votes. Purple???? who wants purple yock :?

I don't like the colour scheme (would prefer blue) (8 votes)
I don't like the colour scheme (would prefer red) (2 votes)
I don't like the colour scheme (would prefer black/white) (1 votes)
I don't like the colour scheme (would prefer yellow) (1 votes)
I don't like the colour scheme (would prefer purple) (3 votes)
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Freon22 wrote:Background???? Which one, the page background, the boxies background, the main area backgound where the stars are? Also change it to what? Has anyone noticed that while viewing the Local Map you can see through the sectors a little?

I looked at the color votes and purple has the next highest votes. Purple???? who wants purple yock :?

I don't like the colour scheme (would prefer blue) (8 votes)
I don't like the colour scheme (would prefer red) (2 votes)
I don't like the colour scheme (would prefer black/white) (1 votes)
I don't like the colour scheme (would prefer yellow) (1 votes)
I don't like the colour scheme (would prefer purple) (3 votes)
What you have to do dude is take the same concept that we currently have..

So what i mean is if you look at the normal theme you take the dark green on the very outside and make that a dark blue. then the inside a lighter blue since its like that in the real game.. and then for the lime green boxes, you make that an even lighter blue.. and then whenever those same colors come up you change it to the new color you have assigned for that..

what i recomend is making a new template almost, and then once you do one making others for different colors would be a snap!

do you understand now?
ImageImage
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Thanks for the feedback N.ator. I'll see what I can do. :)
dragon_man

Post by dragon_man »

S'pose I haven't really been here enough to have earned a say, but since you asked so nice and all ;-)
Personally I haven't got anything against the old layout/color-scheme since it doesn't really effect the game play and thats why I'm here. However I did quite like your new layout and blue style sheet. The only problems I encountered was the Galaxy Map was still green and the trader screen now that it has a pure black background on the main screen seems to have a hint too much glare from the text(Yellow in particular, white to a lesser extent). That could be just me. On the whole I think it looks great. Two thumbs up for the quick look I just had.