Business Affairs Committee

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Business Affairs Committee

Post by N.ator »

I am wondering if we can start a committee, that deals with the business aspects of this game, and mainly advertising! I think that we finally have a stable game! If me and a few other players could join and form a committee that we could possibly talk about advertising to help expand the game! The more players we get, the more will stay, and overall the more fun the game will become!
ImageImage
Page
SMR Coder

Re: Business Affairs Committee

Post by Page »

I have absolutely no problem if you want to take charge of trying to organise advertising, if there is anything that needed to be changed within the game to allow for it then I'd be willing to do so, at the same time I don't really know much about advertising or that stuff so it would be reliant on someone else taking the active role in that. I honestly don't mind who but it would be good to get it done. Specially if we could get a proper campaign going around the start of a game, that would likely be the best time for new players to join I would think?

Anyway, in short, if you want to try and organise advertising or whatnot then go for it, you'll have my support and we probably have a channel we could share with all the other admins lurking around somewhere too. The draft round (regardless of whether you liked it in the end) came about mainly because Beau took the lead on actually getting it going (at the time he was not an admin)
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

Nashie was discussing some possible advertising methods as well - maybe he would like to become a committee member? I don't think he has a webboard account yet, but he did have some interesting ideas, including a youtube video on the game
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

I would be for a committee for setting up advertising.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

I dont mind helping out either. Once you decide if its a go, let me know and ill setup a section on the forums.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

I would be interested in helping with this also. Have quite a few idea's to toss around.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

yeah i have A LOT of ideas we can do on advertising that i think will overall be pure beneficial for the game.. some of the ideas i have would be a few changes in the game (points system for buying stuff, like tribal wars) and definitely a lot more email, social networking, and possibly purchasing advertising space.

For social networking, we have to start using more facebook and twitter. create a twitter account, and create a fb account

We need to change up the homepage also, make it more visually .. if i created something in photoshop, if someone could decipher it into code then i would be more then happy to do that.. thinking about making it more "space" like.. use background like this: http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/1202056

but if you could create a new forum space, where its just advertising purposes that would be awesome. I would like to be in charge, or have some type of authority, as for i have played the game for years, partaking in a business orientated degree in college, and active on the forums.

-N.ator
ImageImage
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

LOL I think this committee idea is a good one. N.ator you need to read your first post then read your next post. You went from just advertising to rewriting part of the game. lol Anyway I will follow this and see where it goes. Good idea on advertising committee!
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

In the woods atm. But will create forun this evening. Now back tp hunting grownup bamby B-)
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

one thing i would need to talk about with page(or w/e has the information) is establish how much net income is produced and some other expenses so i know exactly how much we could spend on advertising etc.
ImageImage