XDemonX Mini-Game Discussion

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

XDemonX Mini-Game Discussion

Post by XDemonX »

Game Name: Ik'Thorne Domestic Dispute
Game Decription: Ik'Thorne has started to riot against each other. Rivalries are being formed within the race, peace is no longer a solution. The government has declared a "purge" where the different alliances of Ik'Thorne desent can fight it out until everyone has had their blood shed.
Game Speed: 1-1.5
Starting Cash: 100,000
Alliance Limit: 5
Leave/Join new alliance time = 12h

1 racial galaxy(need help on size) where Ik HQ will be placed surrounded by several fed sectors. Planets will be scattered around the galaxy starting at level 0.00.(Thinking 10-15 scattered randomally) Ports will be decently dense, all ik'thorne race. If this is possible, make ports more dense around fed location and less dense as they get farther away from fed (promotes planet landing)

Weapons: Only Ik'Thorne weapon shops will be available along with HHG and Nuke(Only 1 shop location and not together). NO PPL this game. People will have to decide if they want want to go good or evil for trading and weapon selection. The reasoning behind this selection, the way to kill a ik'thorne ship is to get to their drones as fast as possible since their drones is their defense and offense so I believe HHG is the best weapon to have when fighting a ik ship, of course it isn't overpowering but going evil gives you the ability to trade better routes.

Idea of this game. Ik'Thorne is a different race many people don't get to experience. It is, in my opinion, the hardest race to play. If you don't understand why, then you gotta realize that drones are expensive and mines are not fun when you're ikky. Also, fedding is difficult. You can't exactly sell back your drones like you can weapons so you either have to hide them if you want to fed or sit on a planet. Ik'Thorne also has a ship for every need.

I miss my little bouncerpoo he has been so busy. So I need help with discussing this map idea. The more input the better. Only hurdle I see for this map design is planet size. I think with the current setup, planets have to be the same level in both games. I believe the solution to this is have winning conditions be, a alliance has to have 5 planets at a certain level and hold them for a certain period of time. At a certain point planets will be unbustable so not only will it be a busting race so people don't build unbustable planets but a building race as well.

To give everyone a chance, If planets could be "unhabitable" for maybe the first week and have a schedule time when they become habitable so everyone in the game knows that would be ideal. (Could be a pretty fun time to potentially have a game-wide "OP" time because planets are habitable). Also this week grace period will give players a chance to accumulate money (or potentially kills) and get a ideal of how the galaxy is layed out.

This game can be run along side main game. This game is a mini-game. Stats are recorded.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Storm

Re: XDemonX Mini-Game Discussion

Post by Storm »

I really like this idea for a mini-game. It gives a different goal to attain, and I'd definitely play it.

I did some thinking, and the last (and only) time I ever played Ik'Thorne was back in the old SM days, when I was a part of the 500K Club alliance.

Is it possible to set up a second game with the planets set up differently than the current game? Limiting the number of gens/hangers/turrets built? One caveat to winning could be maxing the builds as well for all planets.

Instead of the alliance needing to have 5 planets for X time in order to win, how about 3 planets? I'm just thinking along the lines of, if you have 50 people join, but only 20 planets, it'd be a little difficult for one alliance to claim and build 5 planets. Though...on the other hand....could be rather interesting that way too...

I'm definitely intrigued by this idea, and can see other race-specific games as well. Maybe a Human-WQ Human game, if it's possible to code it that your race is chosen for you so that one side doesn't become bigger than the other.
Killer Rabbits

Post by Killer Rabbits »

Ohhhh, fun, exciting and new. Come aboard we're expecting you.

In other words, I'd play!!! Let's try it! I'd even like to throw out the idea of this being the main game.
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

Malaprop wrote:Is it possible to set up a second game with the planets set up differently than the current game? Limiting the number of gens/hangers/turrets built? One caveat to winning could be maxing the builds as well for all planets.

Instead of the alliance needing to have 5 planets for X time in order to win, how about 3 planets? I'm just thinking along the lines of, if you have 50 people join, but only 20 planets, it'd be a little difficult for one alliance to claim and build 5 planets. Though...on the other hand....could be rather interesting that way too...
Currently, it is not possible to have separate planet set-ups at the same time.

Personally, I'd rather see fewer planets than players in order to force conflict. If someone wants planets, they will need to fight. This is especially important if there are a high number of structures that can be built on the planets. If there are too many planets, I think that people will mostly stay around their planets and not bother fighting others. Just my opinion though.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Incognito wrote:
Malaprop wrote:Is it possible to set up a second game with the planets set up differently than the current game? Limiting the number of gens/hangers/turrets built? One caveat to winning could be maxing the builds as well for all planets.

Currently, it is not possible to have separate planet set-ups at the same time.

Personally, I'd rather see fewer planets than players in order to force conflict. If someone wants planets, they will need to fight. This is especially important if there are a high number of structures that can be built on the planets. If there are too many planets, I think that people will mostly stay around their planets and not bother fighting others. Just my opinion though.
I agree with that. If there are too many planets, the game will just turn into solely a build race. Maybe do 5-8 planets?. Alliance has to hold obtain/hold 3(or 4) at a certain level. Like I said planets will become unbustable at a certain point, as the game goes on certain planets will be "off the board" type because once they're unbustable then the alliance who has the unbustable planet is that much closer to winning and as more planets become off the board, the remaining planets will be more difficult to get. Also if we reduce the number of planets to 5-8 then the likelyness that a alliance can solely build 2-3 planets to make them unbustable without those planets being busted are extremely slim.

Also, whoever does this map in uni can dictate how exactly the game can be played out. Meaning, you could do a planet in each corner of the map (4) then another 4 fairly close in the middle by unos and such.

If you have ever played the game risk, this could be a similar fashion on how you can lay the map out with planets. So for a alliance to get 3-4 planets the planets will be pretty far away from each other so the first planet they go after can be easily defendable, then it will get much more difficult to defend as they get closer to each other and closer to unos ect.
Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Shady_FA- »

Took a look, some questions/thoughts:

1) I'm assuming this is obvious but I don't think there was confirmation had to ask anyway...only Ikky ships? Meaning no Freighters, Celestial Whatevers?
2) How long will the game last?
3) I think Id rather see the planets prebuilt and have building have little to do with the game. As a mini game with such few people there will be more pressure for people to be online at certain times. I always assumed mini games were just to login once in a while and do fun stuff. But I could be wrong on that. I'd personally rather just have planets at a certain level and have the alliances try to keep them.
4) It seems like it will be easy to mine routes/fed?
5) I'm a bit worried as to how late game money will go once all 5 guys start planet busting and such.
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

Shady_FA- wrote: 5) I'm a bit worried as to how late game money will go once all 5 guys start planet busting and such.
I think that is part of the strategy, knowing how much you can spend or when to spend it.

Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Shady_FA- »

Incognito wrote:
Shady_FA- wrote: 5) I'm a bit worried as to how late game money will go once all 5 guys start planet busting and such.
I think that is part of the strategy, knowing how much you can spend or when to spend it.
Right but I think once people are out of money, they will probably just quit. Similar to real games. And I think the chances of people going broke are more likely than in a regular game since there will be less people in alliances and less people that could effectively manage an all ikky alliance fund (since it's pretty much agreed that Ikkys are harder to money manage then any other race). So yes while I agree it's a good idea strategy wise...in order to keep the game active I think I'd rather see more money in general. But I know that detracts from the skill.
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

Which is why I would prefer to see this as a mini-game, and not the actual round.

XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Shady_FA- wrote:Took a look, some questions/thoughts:

1) I'm assuming this is obvious but I don't think there was confirmation had to ask anyway...only Ikky ships? Meaning no Freighters, Celestial Whatevers?
2) How long will the game last?
3) I think Id rather see the planets prebuilt and have building have little to do with the game. As a mini game with such few people there will be more pressure for people to be online at certain times. I always assumed mini games were just to login once in a while and do fun stuff. But I could be wrong on that. I'd personally rather just have planets at a certain level and have the alliances try to keep them.
4) It seems like it will be easy to mine routes/fed?
5) I'm a bit worried as to how late game money will go once all 5 guys start planet busting and such.
1. Only Ikky ships. Ikky has 2 traders, 2 hunters and a opper there is no need for more ships.
2. Game lasts until a alliance wins.
3. No, pre-built planets will ruin the design of the game. Otherwise, the game will consist of who can get enough money for 5 MS's the fastest and who can get the 5 people on at the same time to bust first. You can use different strategies. Maybe your alliance only wants to trade a ton of cash and take away planets from someone else who took the time/money to build. Maybe a alliance likes to concentrate at one planet at a time and do nothing but defend 1 planet at a time until its unbustable.
4. There will be more fed sectors, which will make it much more difficult to mine them. Ikky ships are not exactly miners and CA is not going to be close to fed. And yes, a strategy can be to mine a route you like to trade. Mines can always be cleared. Mines are not free.
5. All strategy. SMR is a strategy game. This round is a designed to be a mini-round not a main round. The point of it being is people are able to use different strategies, maybe gamble a little more than they would in a normal round. This game is not timed it ends once a alliance wins. I am hoping admins will possibly give a SMR Credit prize to the winning alliance or something like that for some fun incentive.