Vindicator....

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Vindicator....

Post by Purify »

Why does it have drones???...

I know its not a commonly used ship due to its suck turn rate... and its weakness against other hunters... so its not a big deal.. but... why does a ship who has the technology to scramble drones.... have drones itself????

To me... it seems counter-intuitive.... Its like Thevians having lots of speed.... and one of their ships being slow.... or Ik'thornes having drones on every ship... but one of their ships having none.... or Creonti being armor heavy but designing a big shield weapon.....

Also, was it always like this??.... when i looked on SMC it seems to say it has no drones (which could just be a typo)...
buttsack
Quiet One

Post by buttsack »

I think its funny when the Vinidicators run scared from my ITAC. Shouldn't the 2 hunters match kind of evenly?
Green Skulls, Crimson and Clover, Army of Cuda, Suckas, Armory, Armory v2, Green Skulls, Lords of the Pings, Green Skulls, Ingenious!
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

that's one of the reasons we thought the Drone Scramblin percentage should be upped to 75%.... so they could match more evenly..

but alas.. that was not done
buttsack
Quiet One

Post by buttsack »

Purify wrote:that's one of the reasons we thought the Drone Scramblin percentage should be upped to 75%.... so they could match more evenly..

but alas.. that was not done
Hmmm 75% seems like a bit much. We wanted to give Nijs a good fighting chance against Ikkys but that just seems overpowering... but then again more people would probably go Nij then.
Green Skulls, Crimson and Clover, Army of Cuda, Suckas, Armory, Armory v2, Green Skulls, Lords of the Pings, Green Skulls, Ingenious!
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

oops i got it backwards....... right now Drones do 75% of regular damage....... i and others wanted it lowered to 66% of regular damage...

which... is only 9% difference :P
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

buttsack wrote:I think its funny when the Vinidicators run scared from my ITAC. Shouldn't the 2 hunters match kind of evenly?
hmm really because if i was nijarin i would railroad your ITAC with my vindicator it makes you look like a fly on the windshield
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
buttsack
Quiet One

Post by buttsack »

Prince Valiant wrote:
buttsack wrote:I think its funny when the Vinidicators run scared from my ITAC. Shouldn't the 2 hunters match kind of evenly?
hmm really because if i was nijarin i would railroad your ITAC with my vindicator it makes you look like a fly on the windshield
i dunno about you, never fought ya, but both vindis i have been fighting this round so far haven't had a chance... well 1 i had hit a 50 but he got away and the other i just plain out shot.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

It is partly a nij problem (all their combat ships need /2 defense added to them), partly a drone scrambler problem (it needs to be more effective), and partly an ITAC problem (the ship is a joke).
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

I put drones on it originaly because I didnt think the extra HP was enough extra firepower to justify its weak defense and turns, but adding another HP would then overpower it. So I threw on a few drones. It gave it more defense and power at the same time. Seemed to work well.

As far as the RP value of them being anti drone but then some of their ships carry drones. Well who cares. This is a game, not a fantasy novel.
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

If the ITAC is a joke than the Vindi and the Fury are a even bigger joke for the opposite reason.
-when there is a will there is a way