Inequalities, Unbalances, etc

Discussions about everything, SMR related or not.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Re: Inequalities, Unbalances, etc

Post by Harry Krishna »

I agree with you, Swagman. There are many of us who are frustrated by the lack of knowledge about how the game is supposed to behave.

Testing without knowing the expected results is all guesswork and it wastes alot of time. Without any guidance or docu.mentation the best we can do is build up the planets as big as we can and group up to try to bring them down, and hopefully note on this board how easy or hard it is.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

OmegaRenegade is working on writing a planet guide. He has been working on it for a while now.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Baalzamon wrote:OmegaRenegade is working on writing a planet guide. He has been working on it for a while now.
My uneducated guess is that until the planets are finished being coded, he will be working on it for a while more ;)
that which pods you makes you stronger
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Harry Krishna wrote:
Baalzamon wrote:OmegaRenegade is working on writing a planet guide. He has been working on it for a while now.
My uneducated guess is that until the planets are finished being coded, he will be working on it for a while more ;)

Why should it be a bloody guess, why is everyone being kept in the dark!!!??????
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Blade wrote:Why should it be a bloody guess, why is everyone being kept in the dark!!!??????
Because if they don't know, how can they tell anyone else how it works. I know toward the end of the release date Azool was knocking out some codes. So while I am sure he knows the formulas I not sure if even if he knows how it work when everything was put together. :lol: Just kidding why doesn't each member of the beta team write down how the parts that they tested works. This should give the players some type of an idea of how this or that should work.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

I moved all the replies from here on to the thread going on about planets. Discussion about planets can be held in there please :-)
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

problem: force deaths less exp loss than normal deaths. people purposely dying to forces knowing its a less exp loss
Proposed solution:

XPLoss=(0.12 + KilledLvl / 1000) * KilledXP

While I'm at it, for ports and planets::

XPLoss=(0.8 + KilledLvl / 1000) * KilledXP
Use The Force(s)!
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Problem: unbalanced xp loss/gain from dying/killing (ship to ship combat).

Discussed here: http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php ... &sk=t&sd=a

Proposed solution:

XPLost = (7.4*10^(-6) * (KilledLvl - KillerLvl + 100)^2 + 0.054) * KilledXP

XPGained = (3.325*10^(-6) * (KillerLvl - KilledLvl - 100)^2 + 0.014) * KilledXP

Numerical examples for this and xp loss due to deaths to forces/ports/planets are available here: http://odojcinovic.users.sbb.co.yu/smr/ ... lanets.xls
Use The Force(s)!