How about we screw the WQ's some more?

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

How about we screw the WQ's some more?

Post by Shady_FA- »

Before 2 games, I picked WQ as my race just about every single game. The DM was my fav ship, it was fun getting high exp and then getting a DM to cloak...

Now, there is absolutely NO upside to picking the WQ. People who want to hunt witha DM easily have a DC as a replacement. It's absolutely USELESS for PBs as it is probably the weakest racial. It gets NO peace because the weapons are trash. AND it's also losing a tph for god knows what reason. The last games as WQ I've had to play with a 26/18 DM...sure no one could see me...but all it is...is a scoutless hunter that can't compete with any racial ship. It's also one of the most vulnerable in an op...people say "but shady, the cloak makes up for all that, you get to choose your own fights and park anywhere u want with the right exp". While that's true...there's no reason to pick a DM if u want to hunt because AS IT IS right now, it's easier to get a higher offensive rating with the DC...which is also faster. Ops? They both die easily...so whats the point of a DM? Also, WQs can't hunt early...ebcause they can't. hunting in a BR is pretty stupid as it can't compete with other racial hunters...and it's too weak to kill any DECENT trader.

So now...how can we fix this abysmal race? We have a few options..
1. New weps so peace can be given to them
2. Keep the 10 tph
3. If you can't keep the tph, at lesat make it /19 or /20...or knock the defenses of other ships.
4. Have the BR....6 tph but only /11 or /12 whatever the max is

Now...I know some of these changes have been suggested...but are they being implemented? If so then disregard...but it looks like for a 3rd game I can't pick WQ...because there's nothing that will benefit my team if I pick it. WQ's can't mine, hunt or op at any superior level. All I can do is trade and then hunt for my own benefit. FUN.
Resevoir Dog

Post by Resevoir Dog »

The DM was taken down to 9 tph to prevent it from being used as a hunter. However when this was done there was no plans implemented for a WQ hunter, so yes WQ has been made next to useless now with no good op ship, hunter, or weapons. They have the second best cloaked trader, but everyone can have access to the best cloaked trader.

Perhaps the Rogue should be made into a better hunter. Give it 2 more HP and 50 more CDs and up the price accordingly. Also take 2 HP off the BR and lower the price, so that WQs can have an early trader.
One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful.
Subduing the other's military without battle is the most skillful.
Vladdy
Quiet One

Post by Vladdy »

Resevoir Dog wrote:The DM was taken down to 9 tph to prevent it from being used as a hunter. However when this was done there was no plans implemented for a WQ hunter, so yes WQ has been made next to useless now with no good op ship, hunter, or weapons. They have the second best cloaked trader, but everyone can have access to the best cloaked trader.

Perhaps the Rogue should be made into a better hunter. Give it 2 more HP and 50 more CDs and up the price accordingly. Also take 2 HP off the BR and lower the price, so that WQs can have an early trader.
I tried the best cloaked trader... trust me i rather have the wq ship... although i do agree it needs better hunters...
Merchants Guide to the Universe
http://mgu.smrealms.de

Retired!!!
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

ya changes for WQ were still on my todo list and i Fuced up because i havent gotten much work done...but if i get a chance maybe we can work on this now....it maybe too late for this coming game(3 weeks away) but we can get it ready asap. So Something for the DM ...i suggest a gun something level 4ish they need to get peace with other races. BTW i say level 4 because they got a nice level 3 armor gun.
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
axisofunity
Beta Tester

Well....

Post by axisofunity »

TBH, I think the BR is ok, neat little ship, needs perhaps another 25 CDs or something...

The DM, does look pretty rubbish... Although the cloak's good, it's been done before. Give it 1 more Turn Per Hour and do that special WQ weapon.
Vladdy
Quiet One

Post by Vladdy »

I keep saying thevians need to put up peace votes with (WQ) Human, because TSD's + HPT's make a nice weapon config.... though most thevs are too thickheaded to say yes
Merchants Guide to the Universe
http://mgu.smrealms.de

Retired!!!
Resevoir Dog

Re: Well....

Post by Resevoir Dog »

axisofunity wrote:TBH, I think the BR is ok, neat little ship, needs perhaps another 25 CDs or something...

The DM, does look pretty rubbish... Although the cloak's good, it's been done before. Give it 1 more Turn Per Hour and do that special WQ weapon.
You're suggesting going back to 10 tph from 9 tph on the DM. It was already changed because people were using the DM as a hunter. The problem is now that the WQ don't have a good hunter, although the BR can be used as a hunter and also a trader, which makes it unique from most other racial mid-class ships.

Perhaps WQ doesn't need a hunter like every other race. Keep the BR the same as a hunter/trader, but it still needs something. Maybe give the Rogue 100 of each force and make it a killer force runner. It won't be as good a miner as the DC or HBC, or as good at running CDs to planets as an ITAC, but it will still be able to run a good number of forces and seed like crazy.

Also I'm not sure what the point of the Resistance is. An idea for it is to make it a mine clearer. Remove all forces, keep it at 2 HP, increase its shields to 1000 and armor to 300. That way it won't be easy to pod anything in it, but it can do some damage to minefields.

And maybe an idea for a WQ level 4 weapon: increase the shield damage on the multi-phase laser to 100 and armor damage to 50, while keeping accuracy the same.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Well I'm WQ this game, and sure the cloak is great, but it still blows in general, with 28/18 as the best rating it sux, and dropping the turn rate screws it even more, so yes, we do need something, and a new weapon would be good, a lvl 4 sheild weap maybe? and I think it needs either more defence or another HP since it really is the weakest top racial, both offencivly and defencivly

Oh ant that 100 and 50... isnt that the same as the semfc pretty much? why not make it 100/100?
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

It should be the weakest capital offensively and defensively since it has a cloak, but if I am not mistaken it has 6 HP + 50 drones which puts its offense above or even depending on peace with the EoS and the TAC, and it still is fast for a top racial. The DM is not the problem.

A simple boost for WQ that would not through the balance off would be to add 2 HPs to the Rogue, and up its defense by 300 shields/armour, and there you go a nice little hunter that is not a cheap DeathCruiser alternative. Before I hear whining about it only having 4 HPs, so does the HBC, that is the price you pay for a JD or a cloak.

As for the weapons I would like to see them all changed, and not one simply added because that would make Human weapons rather useless (why get Human peace when you can get WQ for the same weapons plus whatever new one).
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
Resevoir Dog

Post by Resevoir Dog »

OR: the weapon I suggested would have a higher accuracy than the SEMFC. But actually I don't even like that suggestion now lol. A tweaked WQ weapon should be level 4 and be a good shield damage weapon, but maybe not a pure high damage shield weapon.

Trigek: yes the HBC only has 4 HP, but it has 150 mines which add to its offence. I do agree that the Rogue could make do with 4 hp, but as I suggested before it would need a good number of CDs, say 100-150. And the CD boost would give it an offensive boost plus a defensive boost.

And for those complaining that the DM is the weakest top racial: there will always have to be a weakest top racial. Right now it has the same defense as a Dessy and better offense than a TAC. And so what if it can't survive 2000 planet drones? If every top racial could survive a lvl 70 hit than planets would be much less effective and useful.