Democratic Admin Selection

The latest news and events from SMR HQ. Only admins may post on this forum.
Incognito
Quiet One

Democratic Admin Selection

Post by Incognito »

Requirements to be considered a candidate
1. Zero ban points
2. Received no disciplinary actions since the last election cycle (i.e. mail bans, admin removal)
3. Account must be at least a year old
4. Player must have been active in the last 3 months

Nomination Process
The nomination phase will be open for two weeks. During this time, players can message the head admin(s) with their nominations. In order to be considered an admin candidate, a player needs to be nominated by two other players. Players cannot nominate more than one candidate per election. After the two week nomination period, a vote will be held. The candidate with the most votes will be elected as an administrator for 1 year. After 1 year, the elections will be held again. The incumbent admin is automatically nominated unless they choose otherwise.

Election
The player with the most votes will be elected as the new admin. A player must receive at least one third of all the votes cast in order to win (for 3 or more candidates) or majority if only 2 candidates. In the event only one player is nominated, a yes/no vote will be held, where a two-thirds affirmative vote will be needed to win. In the event of a tie, the player with the oldest current account will be elected.

Impeachment
During the "year in office", players can submit a vote of no confidence about any admin. To submit a vote, three players must state their desire for impeachment and the reasoning. A two-thirds affirmative vote will result in removal of the admin.

Currently, nominations and voting will occur in May and November, with terms beginning in June and December, respectively. This is subject to change if an admin is removed early.

Rules subject to change as deemed necessary
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.