upcomming game

The latest news and events from SMR HQ. Only admins may post on this forum.
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

upcomming game

Post by MrSpock »

some final additions to the game.
i have to say that i will erase all accounts, all hof and everything related to your account. it has to be done because the database layout had to be changed a bit to supprt new game.

that means that every player starts as a newbie. so you say: yes. we are back to our old problems.
thats why we introduced another feature: as a newbie you will not be able to buy the following ships:

Federal Discovery
Federal Warrant
Federal Ultimatum
Thief
Assassin
Death Cruiser
Trade-Master
Devastator
Destroyer
Mother Ship
Eater of Souls
Assault Craft
Dark Mirage
Fury

but you can get promoted to veteran immediatly. we are able to assign to your account a flag that says you are a forced veteran even you don't hit the stats yet. so we will not alter your stats, but by the game you will be handled as a veteran (if that flag is set).
every admin can do that. (note to admins: is in the 'edit account' option)

the old hof stats will be saved of course by my. if i have time i will find a way to re-introduce it into the game.

SPOCK
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Changes in game

Post by Prince Valiant »

The new game is the next step in designing of Space Merchant Realms. The biggest change of all the changes is it will be one game newbie’s and vets together. The way the game is set up the racial galaxy’s are parallel for the players that rank newbie and beginner can not be seen by anyone above them, and anyone who is ranked higher can not see anyone below the rank of fledgling. This only goes for racials one the warps to the neutral galaxies newbie’s will be asked if they really want to meet the vets or stay in there safe haven. Newbies can not see anything having to do with vets nor interact with vets while in the racials as long as they are still beginner and under. The rest of the changes are listed here
1) Ranking system Newbie - 0 kills and 0 experience, Beginner - 5 kills and 20000 experience, Fledgling - 10 kills and 40000 experience, Average - 15 kills and 60000 experience, Adept - 30 kills and 200000 experience, Expert - 100 kills and 400000 experience, Elite - 200 kills and 1000000 experience, Master - 500 kills and 2500000 experience.
2) Port upgrades upgrade is 10 mil from 1-2, adding 10 mill each time you up grade so a level 9 would cost you 80 mill. There is a catch make upgrades not instantaneous only 1k per unit goes towards the upgrade.
3) A minor alteration the personal forces examining screen allowing for pick up and drop at same time.
4) Final is it true has Mr. Spock found out how to fix multi deaths, it appears so folks, it has been tested and no multi deaths came out of it hopefully it does work.

These are the major changes in the game, there is also a whole bunch of little stuff the beta testing team along with admins fixed.
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team