Special Announcement- Please Read

The latest news and events from SMR HQ. Only admins may post on this forum.
Mouse
Quiet One

Special Announcement- Please Read

Post by Mouse »

Hello Everyone

In recent days there have been some changes behind the scenes here in the SMR community. About a month ago, this Administration Team held a meeting which covered many aspects of this game, and this community. Some of the items we covered include rules, the chat room, WebBoard, and other aspects of the game.

One of the more important issues that came up was the community and it's current state.
Many current members of this community were a part of what used to be SM or Space Merchant. True, SMR seems to be just like it, but what most appear to not realize is that SMR is not SM. None of the admins or Manton Reps have anything to do with SMR. People change and communities change.
Which brings me to the subject of people within this community.

Some members believe that it is us, the admins who are doing the wrong. That we play 'favorites', or kick/ban people whenever and if we feel like it. I disagree with this concept. While I admit that there has been a case or two where someone has been kicked or banned when it wasn't called for, but like all of you we are only human. We make mistakes too. But there are those who make it they're personal goal to make it seem as if we like to play as though we were Gods. The truth of the matter is, these certain people think it is fair to break our rules, and if caught, send their friends to complain about favoritism and getting treated unfairly as some witnessed recently.

This kind of behavior is not tolerable in this community. When someone is kicked or banned from the chat room, or from the WebBoard, or even the game it their business and ours and no one else's. When someone is disciplined for actions they have taken that requires us to take action, it is not the time for all of his/her friends to come talk to us about it to try and get us to reverse the verdict. This simply will not happen. We are not required to explain our decisions and motives to everyone each time we do something. If the situation calls for it, we will give a statement about that issue.

Now, on to the issue of why TheKid was banned from this community. We are not at liberty to disuss details over this issue, but I will say this. He was banned for harassment and threatening another member of this community. We will not tolerate any such actions toward anyone here. If you cannot behave in a mature and responsible manner, you are generally not welcome here. This community like any other, is designed to be clean, mature, and most importantly, fun. There are those who do not follow this. Those people are what we refer to as 'trouble makers'. Names will not be included, but these certain people must understand that these actions will not be tolerated and will be cause for further action against them. Our goal here is to make this community one for everyone to enjoy. Some people may think they have been in this a long time, so they have more say than others who have not been here. For some aspects, this it somewhat true. As far as the treatment to others, and the respect that is expected between one another, no. Everyone, whether new or old, should be treated with the same respect and decency that you would expect to get from someone else.

So, a notice to all.
If you want to remain a member of this community, I suggest you follow the rules and mind your own business when someone has been issued a ban or a kick. It is not fair to everyone else that follows along, to need to experience uneeded problems in a gaming community. Everyone comes back to enjoy themselves, play a game, and chat with friends and enemies alike. I realize that not everyone can handle themselves in this manner and those weeds will present themselves and be plucked.

Note:
A clarification

As stated in the rules, and which should be common knowledge, receiving a ban within the game is a step we take when bans within the #smr chat room do not end the issue. Some seem not to understand that the game is the reason we are all here in the first place. This community revolves around the game's existance.
The game is a part of the community. The WebBoard is a part of the community. They are not seperate entities, nor will they be treated as such at any point. It is possible to receive bans in all three for your actions.

I hope that some of you will realize that we are trying to work very hard to correct many issues and problems, but as we have said many a time before. We do this on our own time and our own lives take priority. If you want better things to take place faster, then we can always arrange to have payments made monthly to help aide us in our work, but I know that won't happen.

Thank you for your time.
Retired Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team Retired