Changes in the new game

The latest news and events from SMR HQ. Only admins may post on this forum.
Nariis

Changes in the new game

Post by Nariis »

With the start of the new game comes a list of changes to better the game. Below is a list of everything changed in the new game, with the exception of some admin only functions.

Fixed an error in port raids where you are not informed about a port degrading

Changed how planet attack breaking news is displayed and fixed a diplay error where planet lvl was not displayed

Map all button at crib gave a fatal error. Redefined a database variable and fixed that (beta only)

Rank by Port Raids was being ranked wrong. An attacker could get a point for just shooting at a port. Changed where the update_stat function was and put it in a loop for alliances.

Port said it destroyed more drones than you had. Port displayed damage done to drones rather than actual drones lost. Divided this # by 3 and fixed the display error along with another text display

CD damage reported wrong in player to player combat. A variable was not reset for each attacker and therefore displayed wrong for the next attacker. I reset the variable and it is working

Some HoF stats were repeated. Removed the duplicates

New line breaks were not working in alliance messages. This was due to a double format of the string. I removed the second format of it and it works.

Note on trading screen could be taken incorrectly about gaining EXP. I reworded it and added a little.

Race rankings table was unformatted and uncentered. I center and formated it.

Adding Cribs into a universe added UGs instead. Fixed the problem by changing a variable in universe creation.

Nij HQ did not sell Scanner added in DB

Sector id is wrong in news message. Added field to DB sector_id this fixes the news messages.

current players was extended to give you slightly more infos.

cash can be stored on planets. it will not gain interest. you have the ability to put it into a bond. it will be there for 48 hours (it's game time dependant) and it will gain interest for that time.

removed bank interest

newbies are shown in italics now on CPL

on join game screen you see now how many traders already joined each race

if you join up to 24 hours late in a game you'll be credited the turns for late joining.
at exact game start you get 100 turns. for each hour you'll get 9 extra turns.

fixed problem of loosing only 5 turns when jumping from racial to neutral as newbie.

several fixes in the loader to speed page loading.

announcement shows the admin who posted it now.

alliance planet page shows the owner of the planet now

disallow any character with ascii code lower than 32 and higher than 127 for player_name and alliance_name. sorry had to to that. but there are just too many abuses. basically you are fine as long as you use characters that are printed on your keyboard. if you don't know how to use the alt-key with the num-pad that change doesn't concern you!

reorganized rankings page. added racial rankings and alliance rankings.

fixed cancel planet building

reworked plot course.
it's much faster now. although there are some changes comming with that.
you now can plot through unknown space BUT you can only plot two galaxies. so you can plot as far as you can jump...

fixed the problem where you get a back button error when viewing messages.

added a 'scan' link after the plot course button.

government bug fixed

total rework of photo album

rework of share alliance map. speed up by at least factor 100.

Attempted to fix multi kill....we will see. It waits till death.php when the player notices he is dead b4 it deletes the entry. This should keep it from inserting 2 death screens.

Fixed spelling in port warning screen

Hopefully fixed multi death, wrong sector reported, etc errors

reworked the exp gain stuff to fix some loopholes

Made UG display on Galaxy Map

Fixed a bug where the anon bank transaction id was recorded incorrectly for withdrawls. Also added a field time on that table

Added a table (display table not DB table) on the anon bank screen so players can view who deposits/withdrawls from their anon account.

Fixed a planet error where attack could not be continued due to a corrupted container.
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Heres some more changes we updated last weekend. Just some trivial things that needed fixing

Refixed a problem with planets where you get a DB error when attacking an unowned planet.

Fixed a display error where I had debug info that I forgot to remove from final version

Fixed error on alliance message board where the poster could be incorrectly displayed.

Changed relations for game speed (votes go faster with fast game)

Changed the copyright so that it autoupdates to the current year (Yes I are too lazy to update that script even once a year ;) )

Fixed error in rankings scripts where the header was not correct...also fixed that your rank was displayed incrrectly
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

also we will no longer post version updates here...you can view them by clicking the version number next to the copyright in the main game.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau