SMR Status February/March 2004

The latest news and events from SMR HQ. Only admins may post on this forum.
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

SMR Status February/March 2004

Post by MrSpock »

Hi,

On February 23rd we started to use our new server, called bobby. It's doing a good job. All players are overwhelmed by the speed of the game. Since that date we have an average of 24 players online at all time. The peak is around 50 to 55 players mostly at night.
The old server (called Matrix) still hosts the beta game - where we continue to develop and the home of our beloved bugtracker.
Bobbys average CPU usage is 30% and Matrix idles at appr. 5% in average. There is still room for more players.

You can check the stats for both servers here:

Matrix:
http://www.datenschleuder.org/cacti/gra ... leaf_id=12
Bobby:
http://www.datenschleuder.org/cacti/gra ... leaf_id=14

A few interesting stats:
We have a total of 7572 accounts. Thats a growth of 680 accounts (or 10 percent) since january. 1770 of them are actually closed because of some violation. 1125 people joined the current game. In the last 30 days exactly 665 of them were active.
In february smr got appr. 5.3 million hits and produced 31 GByte outgoing traffic. Thats because we were onhold during most of that month (waiting for the new server). The numbers are almost doubled in march. With 9.3 millionen hits and 66 Gbyte outgoing traffic we reached our 'normal' values.
For almost a year we use a helpdesk now to organize and priorize our emails. Unfortunatly the stats section of it isn't very talkative. All i can say is that we got 2234 emails and answered them since last June. Because of the massive amounts it's called 'Helldesk' ;)

I think there isn't any more usefull information i can provide, so i better stop now ;)
Don't hesitate to ask me if you have further questions.

SPOCK
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.