Beta Test Update

The latest news and events from SMR HQ. Only admins may post on this forum.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Beta Test Update

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Ok folks, just thought I would give you an update on beta testing.

We're still looking for more testers to help us find, track down and then test the fixes. If you understand the fundamentals of the game and can activley help us, then either PM me or talk to me in chat (OmegaRenegade).

Also I have some great news for you, after a big bug bashing session, Spock and Azool have fixed some of the bugs that have been reported.

The following bugs have been fixed and will be rectified in the next live game:

Racial HQ's: There was a bug where you could enter, or not enter the HQ of another race, reguardless of peace. This was fixed so you will now be able to enter the HQ's of races you are at peace with, but not those you are at war with.

Stealth Kills: The inclusion of certian characters in a ship name made it so any kills were not posted in the news, this has been fixed.

Newbie Leaders: Should now automatically be placed in thier alliance, and not be able to send maps or messages to other players not in an alliance.

Current Game Stats: It was noticed that certian players were missing current game stats, for future games this will be fixed.

Newbie Pings: Newbie players should no longer ping vet players.

HoF Stat Bugs: All players who participate in a port raid or a planet bust now get the credit; Donated money stats should now be fixed; Also the HoF name bug should now be fixed.

We're still working on the kill bugs, but we really need more active testers to get it done.

And thanks to Spock and Azool for the time they took from thier busy schedules to take a look at those bugs for us.

*Note: Those bugs will be fixed in the next live game*
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will