The PV case FINAL DECISION

The latest news and events from SMR HQ. Only admins may post on this forum.
EstoyLoco
Admin Emeritus

The PV case FINAL DECISION

Post by EstoyLoco »

Good day everyone! :)

As we are mostly 2 and a half active admins left (me and PV and Siege) and that PV is concerned by the matter, I will post the final decision after a discussion with Siege.

Here we go... :) After reading and considering Blum's report on the case, I've discussed with the players i could reach easily that are concerned.

So Blum's conclusion is reasonnable and fully justified. Although, the fact Sterling had no more turns left, its reasonnable also to believe that independantly to the bug, they had to land somewhere and best chance of success was hiding on the planet all together till getting turns.

As Blum said himself, the action of staying on a planet is not directly a problem and the concerned players had the justification for it.

As for Ardbeg : He didn't accuse PV of cheating but of abusing of his powers, which is although word playing on the rule... His actions were inapropriate for the webboard indeed and he acted, ( NOTE : like other players who kept posting after him ) with the pation we all know he has.

As for PV : Blum is right, nothing is wrong with what he did, but he did not realise the action he did at the moment like he himself said in a post. Since his actions were not ethicly correct as a Administrator, I believe he deserves a warning also.

So I know it is a touchy case and Blum came out with a 2 days ban for Ardbeg and Sterling. I do respect a lot Blum and his investigation but as PV said himself in a post, 10 pts to all or 0. Since Blum is the Judge and decided 10 pts to Sterl and Ardbeg, and PV, as many other players claimed a 10 pts to all, we decided to go with it. For the reasons mentionned above, Sterling landed on planet knowing about the bug but has no turns left, Ardbeg accusating of power abuse, which is close to cheating and PV attacking the planet after a short notice of bug fixed, and for the accepted excuses of all 3 players by the community, I believe a 10 points Warning to all 3 players is a decent punishment.

Warning to Sterling : If you are aware of a bug such as this one, do not abuse of it even if your intentions are good. The fact of knowing about the bug and using it makes your intentions unclear

Warning to PV : As a Admin, make sure, before using a fixed bug or a feature that there is enough time for everyone to be aware of it

Warning Ardbeg : As a moderator you must follow the webboard rules and control your emotions even when expressing opinions.

2 days ban for everyone so you can all remember

Hope the decision pleases everyone

EstoyLoco and Siege
"Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team"
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

btw i banned my self for 2 days
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team