Proper Channels

The latest news and events from SMR HQ. Only admins may post on this forum.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Proper Channels

Post by B.O.B. »

For those of you who saw the PRIVATE message a certain person posted WITHOUT permission by both parties involved, you might have noticed I was having a hard time making my point clear, so I will try to slowly type this out and make it as clear as possible.

First off: Proper channels. People need to start using them. It is in the rules, and people need to start adhering to it.

Now for the current game issue at hand:

If you have an issue with a current game mechanic, and think it needs to be fixed, the place to prove that is beta. Beta's address is http://beta.smrealms.de

The incorrect way to deal with it is, quite simply, purposedly abusing it to an extreme to prove how bad or broken it is in the main game.

My take on abuse is this: You do an action repeatively and on purpose to such an extreme it has become harmful to the game. A singular action in of itself has not become an abuse, an example of this would be a Port Raiding problem that happened awhile back.

Several games ago, while it was a risk, if you did it right, you could gain experience faster from doing damage in a port raid than you could by trading. Upto this point it had not been abused. Then a certain couple of players took a lvl 1 port above a UNO, that was completely mined into their planetary galaxy by their alliance. They then proceded to port raid repeatedly for several weeks, and at that point it went from a simple game mechanic, to an outright abuse of the game mechanics.

Someone in a post I recently saw stated something along the lines of you can't put a limit on when something goes from being ok, and to when it becomes an outright abuse. That statement is quite stupid in my personal opinion, because law makers and rule makers put limits on when something turns into abuse all the time.

Back to proper channels, and the point I am trying to make:
Beta is there for a reason, learn to use it.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey