SMRTools

The latest news and events from SMR HQ. Only admins may post on this forum.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

SMRTools

Post by B.O.B. »

This is a shameless advertisement of my site:

http://smrtools.b-o-b.org/

It's all open source, so if you want to use one of scripts on your website feel free too.

Some of the features thus far are:
Seed Report
- You tell this script what sectors are supposed to have seeds/mines in them, copy and paste the source from your alliance force page, and your alliance roster.
- Hit submit, and it will generate a report telling you who needs to seed the sectors.
- It also generates a sector strength report which is useful to find out how strong your minefield is.
- The sector strength report is also useful for your miners in that it lets them know what sectors need seeds to be filled.
- Lastly it comes in 2 flavors: Easy on the Eyes/Readable, and output for OP-A. OP-A is an IRC Bot that you can obtain from RCK.

Planet Report
- For this script, select a game speed, copy and paste the source from your alliance planets page, and hit submit.
- This script will display a countdown timer for each build, and approximiately how much time until the planet is lvl 70.
- The report also tells you how many shields/cds a planet is missing.
- Lastly, it tells you how many building goods the planet will need to reach lvl 70, and if it has a surplus of building goods.

Sortable Lists
- There is a sortable list for ships, weapons, and shops.
- SMRealms does not currently have a sortable shop list you can view.
- The ship list shows the "Fledgling" restrictions for ships, it does show the semi-wars lvl, it compacts the techs to a CIJSD display as what you would see in your ship stats, and lastly displays a drop-down menu listing all shops that sell that ship.
- For the weapon list, the only thing really extra is the drop-down menu listing all shops that sell that weapon.

I'm looking to add more tools to SMRTools, so you if you have any ideas, please PM me. :)
Last edited by B.O.B. on Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Thanks to unseen_death for pointing out a bug to me in the ship list.

Ship list:
BUG: Cargo Holds not displayed in ship-list. {FIXED}
BUG: Ship speed not displayed properly initialy. {FIXED}

Weapon list:
BUG: Header said "Ship List". {FIXED}

Ship list & Weapon list:
BUG: Order (Ascending & Descending) was flip-flopped. {FIXED}

Weapon list & Shop list:
BUG: Had "Rapid-Fire Sales Office" selling "Insanely Large Laser" instead of "Ik-Thorne Rapid Fire Cannon." {FIXED}

Ship list:
UPDATE: Added in Trade Power (Cargo Holds * Ship Speed).
UPDATE: Added in Base Experience ((Cargo Holds / 15) + 2).

Ship list & Weapon list:
UPDATE: As it was, Headers are redisplayed every 10 rows, or after a race change. This is fine in default view, but when you resort the list (other than sorting by race) headers get repeated almost every row. Anyway, going to change it so if it isn't default view, or sorted by race, it will just display a header every 10 rows.
UPDATE: Add in a rating column (defensive rating for ships & offensive for weapons.)

Note: I'll update the downloadable source to reflect these fixes tomorrow.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Thanks to Purify to pointing this out:

Weapon List:
BUG: Large Pulse Laser was identical to Huge Pulse Laser {FIXED}
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.