SMR 1.2.0

The latest news and events from SMR HQ. Only admins may post on this forum.
Azool
SMR Coder

SMR 1.2.0

Post by Azool »

The current game is winding down and we are getting ready to implement the new version of SMR.

I'm pretty excited about this new code and I hope you all enjoy it. There are many changes from the old version (you will be able to see all the changes in the changelog by clicking the version number in the lower right once we start the new game. You will notice a change mentioning treaties, they are now coded in, but we have decided for the time being to leave them disabled) but there are a couple I want to mention here.

Combat Drone Attack Rating change - I implemented a new formula for calculating the attack rating from combat drones. The old formula calculated the attack rating of weapons based on the maximum damage you could do with those weapons. It calculated drones based on half their damage and used a (slightly) lower factor. I changed it to calculate drones based on their full damage and use the same factor. So, the new formula calculates drones based on their maximum potential damage (based on attacking a level 1 trader).

Here are some examples:

MS (w/ Level 5 Weapon) Old Rating:16
Level 1
New Rating:18
Level 15
New Rating:20
Level 35
New Rating:24
Level 50
New Rating:27

FU (max wep dmg) Old Rating:36
Level 1
New Rating:37
Level 15 FU
New: 38
Level 35 FU
New: 39
Level 50 FU
New: 40

ITAC (max dmg weps) Old Rating: 19
Level 1:21
Level 15:23
Level 35:25
Level 50:27

DC (max dmg weps) Old Rating:30
Level 1:30
Level 15:31
Level 35:32
Level 50:32

This should help reduce players sitting in fed with a lot of drones. Next version (1.3 or 2.0) I will probably find a way to remove the 'Auto-Fed' also.

Next item,
Combat - Currently (1.1 code) the firing player gets an advantage in that after they fire on a trader that trader may have a lower amount of drones than they started with. The code has been changed to allow the full amount of drones you had at the start of combat to be fired.

Next,
Many accuracy and % firing (drones) equations have been changed. I won't go into details at the moment, but my beta testers are saying the playing field is a lot more level for all ships now.

These changes will go into the next game and will not be changed before that. Feel free to discuss them, but know that they will go into the next game for evaluation, if we don't like the outcome we may change them further or revert to the old ways.

I hope you all enjoy the end of the game and have a great time in the new one.

-Azool
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau