Ship to Ship Combat

Report and discuss any bugs found in SMR.
Page
SMR Coder

Re: Ship to Ship Combat

Post by Page »

Well technically there is a random number generator for weapons, essentially if($accuracy > mt_rand(0,99)) - although I think the actual bit of code looks slightly different it's the same idea :P

But I don't think the random generator is the issue here, and I have personally looked at the formula as much as possible for level factor and other things and have found nothing that looks like it would cause any noticeable problem, I've also given the formula to various people that have asked and none of them have come back with anything (whether or not they actually did look at it I don't know). I also didn't get basically any responses when I asked for people to post results from combats they thought were wrong, I've already looked at it a few times and found nothing, I'm not going to waste my time doing so again unless someone can show me proof rather than conjecture and so that I can actually have something to work with and help me figure it out.

To quote myself from http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10691 (which you'll notice has no logs posted):
Page wrote:If no one has any logs that seem to point to something being wrong I'll have to assume it's all perfect and you're all just bad losers :P
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

You can't be serious "Bad Losers" here in SMR? LOL Yesterday Lotus killed me and he is a few levels higher then me. Looking a the log from him attacking me and from a few other lower level hunters attacking me. It seem to work out ok!

Edit: I have been playing using Chrome because I seem to get faster page loads with it. The few times I have been attacked by low level hunters I didn't know I was attacked. No "You are under Attack" now I do move as fast as I can so that may have been it. When Lotus attacked and poded me I did get the attack warning. So it maybe nothing I will keep watching it and will report it if I find something that I can put my finger on. :)
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

id be interested in running some sim battles on the beta server if this is still an issue
i killed orca.
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

silverx2 wrote:id be interested in running some sim battles on the beta server if this is still an issue
Where you been? Are you currently playing?
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

No one has complained about this in ages (at least not since I introduced the weighted random to reduce the randomness effect), is that because it's not appearing to happen any more or people just gave up complaining? :P