Submitting Bugs

Report and discuss any bugs found in SMR.
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Submitting Bugs

Post by MrSpock »

Hello,
It's again time to make some changes.
Many people asking for decumentation. We are only two guys coding. It's hard for us to keep track on everything. I introduced a bugtracker some weeks ago just for beta tester. Unfortunatly it didn't find the ressonance we need. So here it comes:

The bugtracker can be found at http://bugs.smrealms.de

Please read this very carefully. It's really mandotory that you follow this description.

First of all you need to create a new account. Go to the site and signup for a new account. Enter a username and your VALID email address to access bugtracker. Through email you'll be automatically informed if your bugs got fixed.
Choose 'Space Merchant Realms' as your default project.

To submit a new bug chose 'Report bug' from the menu at the top.
Enter all fields. Explained here:

- Category: Select the category which your bug fits in. Every part of the game was developed either by MrSpock or Azool. To know who's responsible we trying to make a preselection here. Select the category most appropriate to your bug.
If you can't choose an option here you are not in the 'Space Merchant Realms' Project. You can change that at the top right of your browser window.

- Reproducibility: Were you able to reproduce the problem, or couldn't you? If needed explain in 'Additional Information'

- Severity: This is a rough estimation from you about the importance of this bug. It may range from 'trivial' which is nearly an annoyance only up to 'block' which makes the whole game not usable.

- Priority: Should be left at 'normal' This will be set later by one of us to indicate how important, how fast this bug will be fixed.

- Summary: A short sentence - maybe 5 upto 7 words describing your bug.

- Description: A detailed description about the bug. What happend? How can we reproduce it. What are the error messages?

- Additional Information: An optional field if you need to gives us more information. Maybe a link to webboard?

If it's a loophole which could be used to gain a advantage mark the bug as private. Only developers can see the bug then otherwise leave it as public.

Your work is done here. You can browse through other bugs and can mark them to monitor. A button will appear on each bug description. If anything to that bug happens you get a notice via eMail. This could be needed if your interested what is the solution to certain bugs or in which version they are fixed.

If you are a beta tester your task continues here:
All fresh submitted bugs gets 'New' as the status. Please go through all 'New' bugs and check them. Try to reproduce it. If you were able to reproduce it set the status to 'Confirmed' nothing more and nothing less. This is a very important part. Here you really can help to reduce workload for developer. We don't want to waste time trying to reproduce bugs that are not bugs. If you change the status field you may add a description explaining why you did it that way. If you find a entry in the bugtracker that is not a bug you set the status to 'Resolved' and change the Resolution field to the appropriate option. See the beta board for more information if needed

The developer will only pick bugs with the status 'Confirmed'. So if your bug is still marked as 'New' bug a beta tester to verify it. BUT never set status to 'Confirmed' without looking at bug. The bugtracker knows who changed values. We will verify it. The work just bounces back to us which we want avoid.

All this should help us to get bugs faster fixed. To keep an eye on the work that has to be done. Use it as intended. If you don't the bugs just don't get as quick fixed as you and we whish.

SPOCK
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Trib
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Trib »

Do not be worried if your bug report threads are deleted from this forum, if you wish to keep track of your bug see bugs.smrealms.de where you should as a preference post your bug. I am transferring bugs from this forum that do not appear there and then deleting the post here.

Trib
Crusader
Beta Tester

Post by Crusader »

Everyone read this again...

People seem to just be posting the bugs in here instead of the bugtracker (http://bugs.smrealms.de)
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

if we plan to solely use the bug tracker why do we even still haver this forum? :roll:
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Shesmu
Quiet One

Post by Shesmu »

Where do you post bugs in the bug-tracker ?

MANTIS ERROR #900: ERROR: The login information stored by your browser is invalid. Perhaps your account was deleted?
(authentication_api.php: line 336)

:lol:

Can't remember my old login. Can't open a new account. No option to send p/w. :cry:
--
A word from our sponsor: NEW ISSUE OF NEWS CONTROL !
http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?t=3412
NEWS CONTROL - 24/7 Independent SMR News
Shesmu
Quiet One

Post by Shesmu »

eh, appears the new account was opened despite the error. :?
--
A word from our sponsor: NEW ISSUE OF NEWS CONTROL !
http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?t=3412
NEWS CONTROL - 24/7 Independent SMR News
Vtreka
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Vtreka »

Whenever you create an account at bug tracker be aware it will tell you there was an error with the account creation. THIS IS A FILTHY LIE!!!

LOL Just login with your Login/Password and it should work. if it doesn't contact me.
Founder of: Death Control, Life Control and The Order
Member of: DK, CM, EdL, Northstar, RR, FTV, FI, SPB, TD, LoM, LB
smeghead

Post by smeghead »

[EDIT: Whoops, posted in entirely the wrong place. --Sorry]
GronK
Quiet One

Bug tracker

Post by GronK »

Well I clicked on the link posted and I get 403 Forbidden

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Server at bugs.smrealms.de Port 80

sorry how can I even create an account to post a bug???
GronK
Quiet One

Post by GronK »

well it's a long time later and I still get the same error. AND of course the black jack bug I reported isn't even looked at because I can't post it in bug tracker.