SMR Credit Feature - Customized Pod Messages

The features within this thread are currently pending approval by minimum 3 members of the Admin team. Once approval has been made, they will be moved to Pending Features for review by the community where required.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

SMR Credit Feature - Customized Pod Messages

Post by jouldax »

Nice little cosmetic change - for a very small fee, allow a player to have a customized message that gets sent to players they pod. Instead of "you were destroyed by xxx in sector xxx" a player could have the message say something like "you've been pwned by a noob flying a magic carpet!"

Just another potential way to increase our revenue stream
Holti
Quiet One

Re: SMR Credit Feature - Customized Pod Messages

Post by Holti »

I like it, Jouldax. But wouldn't we want to make sure that the message does not violate the game restrictions on language, etc?
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Well couldn't they just be banned like ingame and global messages? I see no reason to just keep the same rules on things like this.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

I think I'd still want to keep the language relatively clean, but there are plenty of ways to say "I pwnd your face without swearing our using slurs"
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I like the idea a lot, and I don't mind using "in your face" language, but threatening, racial or very vulgar language would not be acceptable in my view.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Approved, however does require more specifics before it can be moved to coding que.

Ei: Where would this be located, what kind of pricing structure, is this only displayed to the person that was podded or displayed in the news? Graphics aloud? require pre-approval before being able to use it?

etc.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

RCK wrote:Approved, however does require more specifics before it can be moved to coding que.

Ei: Where would this be located, what kind of pricing structure, is this only displayed to the person that was podded or displayed in the news? Graphics aloud? require pre-approval before being able to use it?

etc.
God RCK, someone REALLY needs to help you with your English...

To answer your questions: I don't know about pricing yet (definitely cheap, maybe the same as ship re-name; will depend somewhat on other features we implement); It should be displayed in the news if possible in addition to the pod message sent to the player; Yes, graphics are ALLOWED but yes, there would also need to be pre-approval to make sure the content is not inappropriate.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Do you really want to get smart with me MR INACTIVE?
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

RCK wrote:Do you really want to get smart with me MR INACTIVE?
Who you calling inactive?? Just because I haven't moved off my rock doesn't make me inactive! I'm too busy trying to save smr behind the scenes!