Edgecrusher Experiment

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Edgecrusher Experiment

Post by Freon22 »

Not many of you know this but I have been fighting this invisible scout thing for about a year now. I went to look up the date in the beta forum but for some reason I don't see the beta forum anymore? So anyway when this idea of Edgecrusher came up it was that only hunting ships would be able to carry these invisible scout. The idea of an invisible scout to me just tiped the scale way to much to the hunters. So the fight was on and in the end we have unknown scouts.

Now this same topic of invisible scouts is up again. Being on the beta team I have always tryed to see thing from both sides. These invisible scouts can not be tested in beta they have to be tested on live because you have to see how it plays out in a real game setting with players. Not just a set of beta testers.

So I propose we have a test game to try out these invisible scouts. Try to keep an open mind who knows we maybe wrong and they work out ok. I dont think they will but who know. One thing is for sure we should support Page if he feels its worth a try for one game.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Edgecrusher Experiment

Post by RCK »

If i feel energetic tomorrow while at work i'll hunt threw the forum... or if im lazy give you permission to the "removed" area
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Not many of you know this but I have been fighting this invisible scout thing for about a year now. Freon has always been opposed to the idea and even though I think his arguments are still bs, I truly think it's admirable that he is wanting to give this a try, even if he only does it to prove me wrong.

I think that invisible scouts will make the game more fun for hunters. There are very few true hunters left (Gheng, me, soul if he manages to get his black ass off his mother's couch :)), so I don't expect the majority of the players to embrace the idea, but I also think it will have far less impact than Freon fears. We'll see...
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Blah... permissions got screwed when the server went down recently, which is why you could not see the forums you needed.

This is the initial thread about unknown forces http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php ... 04#p103163

It is quite long tho and it starts with Edge whining all the way from the title of the thread, which is not something seen very often :P
Use The Force(s)!
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I just re-read that thread. It was a hot topic but my feeling on invisible scouts are the same now as they were then. Also anyone reading that thread should be able to see I have spoke my mind when I thought something would unbalance the game.

You can see there is no love lost between Edgecrusher and myself. But I do still respect his opinion even if I feel it is twisted sometimes. He is a good guy and does know and want the best for SMR.

There was a time that even trying something new would mean that it was now in the game forever. But that time was before Page was our coder, so I feel that if these invisible scout don't work out that he will remove them.

Since Page has been the SMR coder he has alway been up front with us. So if he feels the idea should be tryed then I am all for supporting him.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

<chuckles>

If they only knew... eh Page? ;)
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

RCK wrote:<chuckles>

You care to let us in on this?
Pickles
Quiet One

Post by Pickles »

Freon22 wrote:There was a time that even trying something new would mean that it was now in the game forever.
Or orchestrated destruction of coder moral by a loud minority until the change was reversed. But hey, potato potAto.

Fortunately Page apparently has a much better filter.
Pickles
And when his armies reached the coast; and he beheld the sea; and comprehended the breadth of his domain; Alexander wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Pickles wrote:
Freon22 wrote:There was a time that even trying something new would mean that it was now in the game forever.
Or orchestrated destruction of coder moral by a loud minority until the change was reversed. But hey, potato potAto.

Fortunately Page apparently has a much better filter.
Who are you again? ;)

Hey bud, nice to see you cruising in :)
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Freon22 wrote:
RCK wrote:<chuckles>

You care to let us in on this?
What would be the fun of that?:P