Less Fed routes.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Less Fed routes.

Post by JettJackson »

Beausoleil wrote:
JettJackson wrote:Having only 2 fed spaces makes grossly easy to mine fed, not everything involving fed has to do with trade routes. So to make it that small has a huge reprecussion to it. As for hand placing ports, I'd rather let the gal generator randomly place the ports, if there happens to be a fed route with the 5 or less sector feds that I will be making then consider that race lucky, but we can't entirely eliminate them because there has to be some luck of the draw to the game. Sometimes your race gets good routes, sometimes you end up with a race that has a bad of rocks.
Its easy. Let the port generator make the ports, then trim the ones around fed. Done.

As for mining a two-space fed...let it happen. Anyone willing to take the effort to do it should be able to reap the reward. Will help with the hunting/trading issue we've talked about in another thread.
I am not making feds 2 sectors that is grossly small, we will trim it down to 5 sectors and see how that does first. This doesn't need to be a totally opposite end of the spectrum, tbh I really don't see the need to eliminate fed routes entirely either. Some things in the game when it comes to hunting have to take a bit of skill. Killing someone on a fed route is one of those things.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

JettJackson wrote:I am not making feds 2 sectors that is grossly small, we will trim it down to 5 sectors and see how that does first. This doesn't need to be a totally opposite end of the spectrum, tbh I really don't see the need to eliminate fed routes entirely either. Some things in the game when it comes to hunting have to take a bit of skill. Killing someone on a fed route is one of those things.
Put a bar or other location in some of the neighboring sectors, reduce the number of sectors that can be mined around fed.

Five fed sectors isn't really any different from what we have now.
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Beausoleil wrote:
JettJackson wrote:I am not making feds 2 sectors that is grossly small, we will trim it down to 5 sectors and see how that does first. This doesn't need to be a totally opposite end of the spectrum, tbh I really don't see the need to eliminate fed routes entirely either. Some things in the game when it comes to hunting have to take a bit of skill. Killing someone on a fed route is one of those things.
Put a bar or other location in some of the neighboring sectors, reduce the number of sectors that can be mined around fed.

Five fed sectors isn't really any different from what we have now.
Nah I agree with JJ, make it 4-5 sectors of fed instead of the 9 sectors. 2 sectors is way too small.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

Beausoleil wrote:Put a bar or other location in some of the neighboring sectors, reduce the number of sectors that can be mined around fed.
That would not change anything, at all. The reason fed routes are so easy to trade/hard to hunt is there is no chance of hitting mines(unless you don't know how to trade (ex: not using local)) adding locs around fed would defeat the purpose of taking out fed sectors.

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Sufex wrote:
Beausoleil wrote:Put a bar or other location in some of the neighboring sectors, reduce the number of sectors that can be mined around fed.
That would not change anything, at all. The reason fed routes are so easy to trade/hard to hunt is there is no chance of hitting mines(unless you don't know how to trade (ex: not using local)) adding locs around fed would defeat the purpose of taking out fed sectors.
This

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

JettJackson wrote:
Sufex wrote:
This
Then 1-2 fed sectors that can be easily mined in it is!
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Bars are better then fed, at least you can still shoot at them, with fed its just full blown invincibility. We could also do something as drastic(sarcasm) as having it take time for the feds to put you in the system and thus under protection. In game terms that would be a 2-3 second delay before fed protection kicks in.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

the570z wrote:Bars are better then fed, at least you can still shoot at them, with fed its just full blown invincibility. We could also do something as drastic(sarcasm) as having it take time for the feds to put you in the system and thus under protection. In game terms that would be a 2-3 second delay before fed protection kicks in.
Feds are fine, the change doesn't have to be entirely toward hunters. To be honest I really don't see a problem with Fed routes existing in the first place. The only reason they are bad now is because of the PSF not because they are fed routes, which this issue is already going to be resolved for next game anyways.

Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

the570z wrote:Bars are better then fed, at least you can still shoot at them, with fed its just full blown invincibility.
Bars are not better, there is still no way to stop them, and with the fast connection speeds that everyone has, it will be the same thing.

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Id rather have a slim chance then none at all... Personally id rather see 1-3 fed sectors tops, and IF fed mining becomes an issue, adjust force expire times or something else to fix it.