Galaxy Maps

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Galaxy Maps

Post by Freon22 »

Azool I think it would be good if when you open up the galaxy maps. When you do a mouse over it displays the race of the port. I think it would help players find trading ports outside of their home galaxy. Any comments on this ideal?
Smor
Quiet One

Post by Smor »

noone will scout anymore then. one or two persons will be enough to scout all locations.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Smor wrote:noone will scout anymore then.
No Smor I don't think you understand, the only way we can get maps now is by scouting the galaxys or by buying them with SMR credits. That should not change, but after you have your maps and you go to galaxy maps to view them that is when the mouse over sector shows the race of the port. Also the only way to up date maps is by revisting the sector.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

This would mean that people who bought maps would have automatic access to all information of races and routes, and that port race changes would never have to be scouted. Very bad idea, and one which will significantly benefit the large established alliances over the small alliances and independent traders. Very bad idea.

Incidentally, I also think the ability to buy maps is a bad feature - I know SMR needs us to use credits, but maps should be scouted, not bought. SMR credits should only buy you benefits which do not affect game balance.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I see your point Ardbeg and it is just an ideal. But as far as SMR credits buying maps, I don't see your point. It is a win win for all. After the first week just about everyone has all the maps anyway. But with the SMR credits even the small alliances can get a head start by buying the maps. SMR needs the money the small alliances can use the exter start or anyone with SMR credits. Unless you know of some other way that SMR can make money to pay the bills.
GronK
Quiet One

Buying maps is fair for all

Post by GronK »

I think it is a very good idea. If you want maps just buy them anyone can so it is fair for all. They then can be shared with all your mates. It brilliant actually. Nice way for SMR to keep the game going (by bringing in cash) and no one has a unfair advantage because anyone can get them. Nice!!

I think all traders will benifit from this not just the BIG Alliances.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Why not make it so races arent known until scouted? Then port level and race, as well as locations will show up on the gal map when the cursor is held over it?
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Vladdy
Quiet One

Post by Vladdy »

I like the idea! I'm gonna update my automapper in advance :)
Merchants Guide to the Universe
http://mgu.smrealms.de

Retired!!!
Truth-dead
Quiet One

Post by Truth-dead »

I beleive thats a pretty good idea except change it a little such as you have to scout the sector and after scouting it you can have the info that you scouted. in order for it to be updated you have to scout the sector again. (IE. The port is human when you find it but 1 day ltr its busted and turned ikky you would have to go back to the sector to find out the race and port lvl)
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Galaxy Maps

Post by JettJackson »

rejected port races are known after scouted.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all