New type of trading

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Flaming an idea based on spelling is pretty low. However, I don't like the idea of anything giving me a progress bar just delay me. If I have to wait a second to load my pod screen, I'm quitting. But if there is an extra click during trades I could live with that. That still gives me the chance to see if someone is hitting my forces or I'm being attacked. Just sitting there would be murder - literally for the traders being podded over and over, the person playing getting bored and the game losing players.
Pings seldom come alone and rarely when you're online
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

it wasnt meant as a flame just an observation and maybe a helpful nudge to go over what he has written

as far as the idea in the OP I have no oppinion
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

A. I kind of like the idea, and I think Azool has some interesting ideas for it.

B. What seldum says is true, people will take you much more seriously if you spell your words correctly (it makes it seem like you put time and thought into the idea).
-when there is a will there is a way
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Harry Krishna wrote:
Poca wrote:all im saying is we need to make trading more fun and make trading harder. dude because right now its impossible to really kill somone while trading (a vet that know what they are doing)
The logic here is flawed. Make it easier to kill traders, make trading more fun, make it harder. These ideas don't go together. You need to think about "seggestions" before you post them.
it makes trading more fun because it makes it harder! you have to run more. you have to be more observant.
ImageImage
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Ardbeg wrote:Yeah, I'm knocking down your suggestion because I'm afraid of taking pods, you got me [/end sarcasm]

The players that would get hurt by this are the inexperienced traders (the ones we need to encourage to stay in the game), and the ones who would benefit are the fulltime hunters (who don't need any help in their constant harassment of the new players).
dude you guys are acting like you will just automatcly die from trading now!!! you can still run!! serisously, if you just had to click one extra button thats just one extra second. and if you notice you are attacked you can just click current sector and leave.

see this is why smr sucks. and this is why smr is going to die. because no one wants change or no one will bring up there ideas to make smr better. all everyone does is just keep on flaming my ideas and say no. what about you take my ideas and then improve on them? i said that they are just ideas and i didnt fully think them through.
ImageImage
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Baalzamon wrote:
Ardbeg wrote:Just because you can rationalize it in "real" terms does not make it a good idea. Slowing down traders would be bad for the game for the reasons I have already given.
I agree with Ard 100% here. Yes, trading should be changed a bit, but slowing it down...that just gives kills to hunters. 2 seconds to enter port, 2+ to buy goods, and a second to get back to CS...thats 5 seconds spent at a port at the fastest...Too slow, given that most hunters can knock off 2 shots a second.
you just agree with ard because all you do is trade and you want trading as easy as possible

and hunters cant knock over 2 shots in one second there!! they are lucky if they get one shot persecond. the average shot is 2 seconds per shot.
ImageImage
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

STEBO48858 wrote:suggestion 2 makes sense thou, why should it kick you out automatically, thats like going to a store and after you buy your stuff, you magically appear in the parking lot
i agree with jett. just think about it and it would make sence.
ImageImage
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

No it does not make sense, most stores put the cash register near the exits. Regardless, who cares what Walmart or Home Depot does.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Poca, accusing people of disagreeing with you for personal reasons just makes you look foolish. I can promise you that neither baalzamin nor I have any problem staying alive in a tradeship. We are knocking down your idea because it is a horrible suggestion designed to help the vultures get more kills. If you can't take criticism without resorting to personal attacks then you should keep your suggestions to yourself.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Ardbeg wrote:Poca, accusing people of disagreeing with you for personal reasons just makes you look foolish. I can promise you that neither baalzamin nor I have any problem staying alive in a tradeship. We are knocking down your idea because it is a horrible suggestion designed to help the vultures get more kills. If you can't take criticism without resorting to personal attacks then you should keep your suggestions to yourself.
quoted for emphesis