Scout Lifespan

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

yea, really easy to put down all those drones that you dont have... 5 scout drones is max, and putting down CDs in a Carapace isnt very easy.
=)

It takes one to be one!
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Harry Krishna wrote:Just put down drones to extend the life of (and also protect) the scouts. It's what they're for.
Exactly right Mar - scouts are meant (at least in this context) as a hunting tool, and many hunting ships have no CD capacity.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Awww forgot about you poor hunters. God...I can think of at least 2 ways to get around the lack of drones on my ship. Get over it.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

You are missing the point. We are trying to actively promote intel based hunting, and scouts are an important tool in that respect.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Maybe I'm a bit off base... Scout intel is key to successful hunting, no doubt. But why the change?

It sounds to me like you guys are talking about changing the rules of how scouts operate so hunters don't have such a tough time having to run around refreshing scouts or paying cash and turns to replace them. To my mind, that's part of the gig being a hunter. It's one of the operational costs, so to speak, as is parking in fed space as needed (if you don't have a safe place to park) and buying weapons.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Edain
Quiet One

Post by Edain »

Harry Krishna wrote:Maybe I'm a bit off base... Scout intel is key to successful hunting, no doubt. But why the change?

It sounds to me like you guys are talking about changing the rules of how scouts operate so hunters don't have such a tough time having to run around refreshing scouts or paying cash and turns to replace them.
It's not changing the rules of how scouts operate, it's changing how long they last. :) And it's not like that hasn't been changed before. I believe it was after the advent of SMC that the time forces would last was reduced to what it is now. When hunting using scouts and intelligence gathering was the primary form of hunting, and not SMC hunting, scouts did last longer, and if we are going back to promoting that kind of hunting, I think changing scouts back in that direction is a logical choice. I don't know whether this would be sufficient, but perhaps have forces with 0 mines last 1 day longer than an equivalent force with mines?
Edain
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Re: Scout Lifespan

Post by Grey Death »

Rejected
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General