High Alignment color Change

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

buttsack
Quiet One

High Alignment color Change

Post by buttsack »

I would like to make this suggestion for the upcoming SMR 1.6

Now you know how when you get to around -250 alignment, you start to become a darker shade of red, the red looks pretty dang neat and flaunts your low alignment pretty well, you definately CAN tell the difference between a -150 aligned Orange guy and a -250 Red guy.

MOst of the time, I believe that it is not as easy to tell a 150 aligned person from a 250 aligned person. What if the 150 instead of turning a SLIGHTLY brighter shade of green while going higher, gradually turned into a blueish-green color then eventually would rest at a pure blue color at about 300 alignment.

I think it would be cool to distinguish high aligned players, like the low aligned are, and the blue would be a cool touch to everything. Blue is a nice color, and symbolizes good even greater then green.
Green Skulls, Crimson and Clover, Army of Cuda, Suckas, Armory, Armory v2, Green Skulls, Lords of the Pings, Green Skulls, Ingenious!
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: High Alignment color Change

Post by XDemonX »

I like that as well, maybe even at a higher negative alignment they would turn blue. It gives motivation to players to go for higher alignment. Maybe will have a impact on war/peace treaties.

Evil Could look like this:
Orange --> Red --> Blue

Good Could look like this:
Lime --> Dark Green --> White

The big color changes at the end gives a lot of motivation so that players name stick out more.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

Nah I like the red for evil, it makes the player look, well, evil. This suggestion has been floating around for awhile now and I think most people agree with it.
-when there is a will there is a way
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

I might say Red -> Black for really evil players, blue makes more sense for good (Yellow -> Green -> Blue as colour progresses from Yellow to Blue)
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

That would be nice Page.
Use The Force(s)!
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Black would be cool
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Only question is how visible would it be on dark green background, but it would be really cool :)
Use The Force(s)!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Infinity wrote:Only question is how visible would it be on dark green background, but it would be really cool :)

Well with a new interface, perhaps very visable :-)
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Black would be awesome! I forgot about a new interface, I just figured it would blend in too bad with the current interface.

Would be awesome if you could do Black for really evil and White for really good. Maybe even have special ships for each
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

XDemonX wrote:Black would be awesome! I forgot about a new interface, I just figured it would blend in too bad with the current interface.

Would be awesome if you could do Black for really evil and White for really good. Maybe even have special ships for each
I thought top-tier fed/evil ships required a high amount of alignment...
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey