Hunting races against war=more money

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Hunting races against war=more money

Post by Freon22 »

N.ator wrote:
Infinity wrote:What did a trader do wrong to get a bounty? It's enough getting the xp and most cases cash from the kill.
nothing but as they trade and get higher experience, they are becoming more "powerful" in the game and then when they are killed there should be a bigger reward rather then just more exp.
Most hunters hunt because they like that part of the game. They like to pod anyone and everyone, they get the money the trader has, they get exper points for the kill, they get the stats. Thats enough! there is no point in giving more perchs to players to hunt newbies.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Freon22 wrote:
N.ator wrote:
Infinity wrote:What did a trader do wrong to get a bounty? It's enough getting the xp and most cases cash from the kill.
nothing but as they trade and get higher experience, they are becoming more "powerful" in the game and then when they are killed there should be a bigger reward rather then just more exp.
Most hunters hunt because they like that part of the game. They like to pod anyone and everyone, they get the money the trader has, they get exper points for the kill, they get the stats. Thats enough! there is no point in giving more perchs to players to hunt newbies.
Before someone else points this out and flames, the bounty for traders was targeted so that only high exp traders get the bounty (ie. not newbies).
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Thats better Page, was worryed we were adding another reason to kill new players. LOL

But this is moving more away from the SMR to the SHR "Space Hunters Realms"

I think it would be fair that since a hunter would now get a extra bonus for killing a high level traders. That he should lose something if he attacks and fails to get the kill.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Freon22 wrote:Thats better Page, was worryed we were adding another reason to kill new players. LOL

But this is moving more away from the SMR to the SHR "Space Hunters Realms"

I think it would be fair that since a hunter would now get a extra bonus for killing a high level traders. That he should lose something if he attacks and fails to get the kill.
thats a neat concept!.. but then with that i think if he should kill that player and or another player he would have to get more experience to compensate that.. if now someone who is a bad hunter would just keep going down and down in exp
ImageImage
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

well, you can up the military payment, and try giving more information about it - say a notice in the message you get after killing someone, or showing military payment that is claimable next to bounties that are claimable on the Trader screen, but please, traders are peaceful, grass eating animals, they dont do anything wrong and bounty is not something a trader that never shot a weapon should have on their head.

Also, it DOES promote Space Hunting Realms while that is not really necessary. Killing a high xp trader, getting xp, new entry and their cash is quite enough. Hunters dont hunt for money anyway.
Use The Force(s)!
SalvaNos
Quiet One

Post by SalvaNos »

Perhaps an extension of Underground can be for the traders getting a bounty. Just like how killing other players adds a bounty for becoming a deputy, killing a trader, if evil can add up on some money. Maybe something like 1/10 of the total profit at the time of their deaths, and the amount for that resets for each time the trader dies. I've played entire games when I didn't die to a hunter, have a credit cap of something like 15-20mil. Payoff for the hunter would be a welcomed feat I'd say for a trader who would live throughout the game and has something like 150k-200k+ experience, especially considering I never have credits on me while trading. It would expand the use of UG and Fed a bit. Have it set for the Fed as well, but also reciprocate the money to the alignment, 0-150, 5 mil, 151-300, 10 mil, 301+, 15 mil.
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Rejected.

Hunters already get military payments and such.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General