OPERATION JANET JACKSON

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Andii

OPERATION JANET JACKSON

Post by Andii »

Operation Janet Jackson

For what I am going to suggest below, these are just some idea's that I've had to try and improve the game as a whole. Constructive criticism is appreciated.
    • 1. Moons: are in orbit around few(a percentage of) planets which can provide either:
      • a. CA Dump. Storage for mines, scouts and combats, not to exceed a set number each.
        b. Additional planetary defences. +X turrets with +X drones and X number of shields
        c. Dry dock. Ability to change ships from hunter to trader for example. (more below)
        d. Weapons storage for ships.
        e. Bonding. Higher interest rate, less time, less defences.
    • 2. Dry Dock: Found on planets or moons
      • a. Ability to change ships without selling and repurchasing.
        b. Limited to once per X/XX cool down
        c. Upgradeable. to a max of X levels and can hold X number of ships per level.
      • i. Cost per level should be designed to be more expensive as this is a resource for alliances.
        ii. Ships owners should pay fee's as per exchange.
        iii. Ships can be "ordered" from specific shops and can take X number of hours to arrive, based on ? (Ship level/value/TPH) but at a cost of 2 or 3 times the value of the ship
        iv. Interchangeable ships with other alliance mates
      Note: I am aware that you cannot simply fly through a minefield to "retrieve" a ship. This is not the intention. The principle is to provide additional resources to an alliance to aid in their quest for galactic domination.
    • 3. Spacial Relays:
      • a. Few in a universe, but allow players to jump up to a total of 3 galaxies at the cost of credits and/or turns.
        b. Jump accuracy is restricted to how you choose to "pay" for it. Increased accuracy if paying with turns AND credits.
        c. Allow for fleet jumping but restricted to credits only. Min players 2 max players 25. Cost increase per players jumping. (would recommend huge fees)
    • 4. Race Benefits:
      • a. Actually implement a benefit for each player as they choose a race
        i. Example: Alskant's could receive an additional x% of experience and/or trade profit per trade or per x number of trades.
        b. Benefits from own council from trading using other race's ports.
        i. Essentially a "thank you" for increasing relations. Or a bonus, as you see fit

These need to be addressed as a whole, community wide.

Advertising.
Improved Layout: Less obtrusive to new players.
Newbie Support: Where is the newbie help leader? Why can we not just put newbie's back in the newbie galaxies?
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: OPERATION JANET JACKSON

Post by RCK »

Look like good ideas to me....

Got some more detail though?
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

First don't take what I say the wrong way. But it looks like some of your ideas came from a game called Merchants Empire. In ME you can build warehouses on your planet you can then go and buy another ship. You have the option to move into the new ship or have the new ship delivered to your warehouse in X amount hours. You can also buy and stockpile weapons in your warehouse, you can set some of these weapons to share with other members if you want.

I am not saying that the above is bad but it does set the stage for some very unbalanced game play. So the idea would have to be re-worked so you don't have 30 members in trading ships one day then have those same 30 members in war ships the next day. BTW sharing weapons completely defeats the propose of peace/war between races. Also I am not a fan of sharing ships, I don't think a human can fly a IK'thorne ship.

The three galaxy jump with the accuray based on how much you pay? I can't say I think this is a good idea but a three galaxy jump based on player exper level I'm kind of open but if not done in away so it would be a bad thing for a player to do. It would become another unbalanced feature added to the game. As far as a fleet jump no bad idea for to many reasons.

Rework your ideas and look at it from both sides. Where you are on the attacking side and where you are on the defending side.
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Rejected

too many ideas to discuss/consider at once.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General