Planet Suggestion

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Planet Suggestion

Post by JettJackson »

This one is simple, planets cant be busted if they are under level 25, this no bust cap works only if you build every 12 hours, after 12 hours if you haven't built anything and your planet is under level 25 it becomes attackable. This would detour early busting since there is no defense of planets other than a pnap with mines still being weak, and constant early busting ends up turning the game into a fed game. After level 25 planets attackable at any time.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Planet Suggestion

Post by Freon22 »

Wasn't the mine code changed so it not as easy to walk through a minefield? Also isn't most bonding planets under level 25? Another thing couldn't an alliance of 30 take a planet galaxy not to build but as a back up. Then all they have to do is to build all planets to say level 24. No one would be able to take that galaxy and all of the planets in that galaxy could be used for stocking shields and CDs.

I have always felt that planets should be able to do much more but not sure if coding them so they can't be touchs is a good idea.

Edit: Sorry JJ I had to take care of something here at work between reading your post and replying to it. Forgot about you saying after 12 hours of no building it become attackable. LOL Anyway I would still worry about bonding planets. Also like the post under this one said all an alliance would have to do is have someone login every 12 hours and start and stop a build. The alliance could then park on the planet without fear of attack.
Last edited by Freon22 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

Under these rules, what is to keep an alliance from building a planet to say, level 24, then constantly starting/stopping builds every 12 hours? Bam, invulnerable planet. And even an alliance of two or three active people could do it without issue.

The criteria here would need to be refined. If we're going to do planetary protection before maturation, maybe a time limit would work better? Like, planets aren't capable of being attacked until 2-3 weeks into the game? We preserve the impetus to keep builds going as much as possible, but again...for 3-4 weeks, we would have an invulnerable resting spot where warbirds could land without having to disarm. Not saying that that is necessarily good or bad, but...it would change the dynamics of the game quite a bit.

I understand the frustration over getting planets built up to a decent point; I'm just not sure we can come up with any rational reason why a planet would be incapable of being attacked. Ion storms preventing it? Divine intervention?
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Freon22 wrote:Wasn't the mine code changed so it not as easy to walk through a minefield? Also isn't most bonding planets under level 25? Another thing couldn't an alliance of 30 take a planet galaxy not to build but as a back up. Then all they have to do is to build all planets to say level 24. No one would be able to take that galaxy and all of the planets in that galaxy could be used for stocking shields and CDs.

I have always felt that planets should be able to do much more but not sure if coding them so they can't be touchs is a good idea.

Edit: Sorry JJ I had to take care of something here at work between reading your post and replying to it. Forgot about you saying after 12 hours of no building it become attackable. LOL Anyway I would still worry about bonding planets. Also like the post under this one said all an alliance would have to do is have someone login every 12 hours and start and stop a build. The alliance could then park on the planet without fear of attack.
make it 6 hours, hell make it the build times if it is building under the level 25 then it isnt attackable, that way you do 2 things, promote building and eliminate early busting

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

JettJackson wrote:make it the build times if it is building under the level 25 then it isnt attackable, that way you do 2 things, promote building and eliminate early busting
Now thats a good idea. Only while the planet is building and under level 25. Good adjustment JJ I can't think of a downside to that.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Freon22 wrote:
JettJackson wrote:make it the build times if it is building under the level 25 then it isnt attackable, that way you do 2 things, promote building and eliminate early busting
Now thats a good idea. Only while the planet is building and under level 25. Good adjustment JJ I can't think of a downside to that.
Ya and this would at least fix part of the issue of people not building do to weakness in defenses, well this would allow planets to build up some, essentially its like a loosely organized pnap so to speak, also to amend this so its not exploited, if a planet is not building and has began to be busted it can not build for 1 hour. Thus you don't have people blocking busts by building, and oppers cant op all day so an hour window is sufficent to bust a planet thats 25 and below, kind of like a timer on a port, once its hit the hour clock starts.

Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

JettJackson wrote:Ya and this would at least fix part of the issue of people not building do to weakness in defenses, well this would allow planets to build up some, essentially its like a loosely organized pnap so to speak, also to amend this so its not exploited, if a planet is not building and has began to be busted it can not build for 1 hour. Thus you don't have people blocking busts by building, and oppers cant op all day so an hour window is sufficent to bust a planet thats 25 and below, kind of like a timer on a port, once its hit the hour clock starts.
I could get behind something like this.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Yelp good job JJ your idea is shaping up good.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

The idea of invulnerable planets is not feasible in my opinion and as I stated elsewhere: what is the point of new ideas if you don't explain what problem they solve or what new things they add to the game? It prevents early busting. So? What is wrong with early busting?

More importantly, this idea allows hunters to sit on a planet waiting for pings without being vulnerable. As long as I am online, no one can touch me. In addition, if you are running from me, this would give you the chance to quickly land, start a build if possible, and be invulnerable. Fat chance the necessary goods are at the planet, but almost any fighter has enough holds to carry the goods needed for a single build.

Considering the fact that *some people* already think this game leans towards hunters, I am surprised *some people* haven't shot this idea down yet.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Edgecrusher wrote:The idea of invulnerable planets is not feasible in my opinion and as I stated elsewhere: what is the point of new ideas if you don't explain what problem they solve or what new things they add to the game? It prevents early busting. So? What is wrong with early busting?

More importantly, this idea allows hunters to sit on a planet waiting for pings without being vulnerable. As long as I am online, no one can touch me. In addition, if you are running from me, this would give you the chance to quickly land, start a build if possible, and be invulnerable. Fat chance the necessary goods are at the planet, but almost any fighter has enough holds to carry the goods needed for a single build.

Considering the fact that *some people* already think this game leans towards hunters, I am surprised *some people* haven't shot this idea down yet.
Well since I made this thread, ill address a few things here. Early busting is way to easy for attackers, and way to hard to recover from for the defending team, its an imbalance.

As for the hunter thing, that's an easy fix, until the planet hits level 25 only ships under a 10/ weapon score can land on them. As for the invulnerability you mentioned, this was the one flaw of the plan, though it was being discussed by me and rck as a way to correct that.