Revenue idea

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

silverx2
Quiet One

Revenue idea

Post by silverx2 »

Allow players to "buy" a port owner.

by that i mean, the player pays X amount of sMR credits and then anytime someone goes to shop at that port the port own sends a message to the player.

What this does is allow hunters to know who is buying/selling at a port, while also not giving the trader any way of knowing they are being observed, and no scouts needing to be placed/replaced after they are destroyed.
i killed orca.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Revenue idea

Post by RCK »

Be cooler if you got to benefit from revenues the port makes ;)
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

but then you need to factor in the effect that has on port raids, Also what happens if more then one person has the owner in their "pocket"? the main part of this idea is a way to give hunters "invisible" scouts while also adding some Rp elements to the game
i killed orca.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Conversely, traders could pay SMR credits as "hush money" to keep their name off of the port master's lips when he reports.
that which pods you makes you stronger
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Harry Krishna wrote:Conversely, traders could pay SMR credits as "hush money" to keep their name off of the port master's lips when he reports.
good idea
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

I don't mean to repeat myself, but coupling this to SMR credits surely will give paying players an advantage, both in hunting and in trading.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

it would be cool to invest money into a port, and sort of like the stock market and get money depending howmuch is being traded at the port.
ImageImage
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

N.ator wrote:it would be cool to invest money into a port, and sort of like the stock market and get money depending howmuch is being traded at the port.
...all of which would be lost in the event of a PR on that port, thus adding a degree of "risk" to your investment...
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I am posting here but I want to post in the other thread "Reasons for Scouts being Unknown ?" thread. These two thread have become the same topic and one of them should be locked, removed, or the mods should be telling posters to stay on topic.

This is why I don't like this idea. It gives to much of an advantage to the hunter just because he has some money to pay. The traders that are poded from this will be new players and players that can't afford to paid "hush money".

Which bring up the next unfair part of this idea. If say Edgecrusher pay a port then I pay the same port not to report me. He has now paid out money for nothing. On that same line if I pay a port not to report me and no hunter has paid to have the port to report traders. Then I have paid out money for nothing.

Understand I want SMR to make some money but this is not the way to do it. Page would be working to code this and after a short time players are going to be wanting it turned back. Thats a waste of his time, and the players money.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, instead of not reporting a trader, you can send the player a message "This port was tagged by player X at time Y. The player is currently (not) on the current player list."