Edgecrusher Experiment

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Page
SMR Coder

Re: Edgecrusher Experiment

Post by Page »

JettJackson wrote:Ok since this obviously benefits hunters even more, if you want invisible scouts, make them cost 1-5 turns to lay. There has to be a balance here.
Scouts at warp, see a hunter coming?
Scouts around route, see a hunter coming?
Scouts on route all the time to see if a hunter has eyed it up and also to see if another trader has traded it?

Also traders could give this information to hunters on their team, and vice versa.

Oh and before you moan about spending turns to go get scouts, any sensible trader will pick them up at the same time as their ship, and with them being invisible there's no issue of losing them either :)
Or if it really is that big of a deal, get a hunter from your alliance to drop some for you?
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Page wrote:
JettJackson wrote:Ok since this obviously benefits hunters even more, if you want invisible scouts, make them cost 1-5 turns to lay. There has to be a balance here.
Scouts at warp, see a hunter coming?
Scouts around route, see a hunter coming?
Scouts on route all the time to see if a hunter has eyed it up and also to see if another trader has traded it?

Also traders could give this information to hunters on their team, and vice versa.

Oh and before you moan about spending turns to go get scouts, any sensible trader will pick them up at the same time as their ship, and with them being invisible there's no issue of losing them either :)
Or if it really is that big of a deal, get a hunter from your alliance to drop some for you?
Last time i checked hunters have higher speed turns than traders they can afford to do all this running around for scouts. I still think a turn cost to hunting ships laying it would be a good balance.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

hunters have higher speed turns than traders
That's why traders lay only a few scouts around their trade route and hunters lay scouts everywhere. If you're not willing to spare some turns for your safety you deserve to die while trading.
Use The Force(s)!
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

Invisible scouts? I know I'm out of the loop but, weren't we just arguing about whether or not scouts should be anonymous? And now we're going a step further and making them invisible.. I'm confused.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Siege wrote:Invisible scouts? I know I'm out of the loop but, weren't we just arguing about whether or not scouts should be anonymous? And now we're going a step further and making them invisible.. I'm confused.
Exactly, right now there is a disagreement on whether or not they should be anonymous, so why would we keep going even further and make them invisible, that is just further benefiting one side over the other.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I still can't see why this doesn't benefit traders...
Use The Force(s)!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Infinity wrote:I still can't see why this doesn't benefit traders...
I didnt say it didnt benefit them too, but it benefits hunters much much more.

Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

I would like to put an invisible scout over each planet in a galaxy to find out where everyone is parking.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Forces are back to being visible and the owner known. No longer a need for this.

Rejected
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General