JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: The Psf

Post by JettJackson »

N.ator wrote:
JettJackson wrote:
N.ator wrote:
i agree with lotus.

jj your lacking one thing. skill. dont be blaming the ship, the weapons and your experience. let me guess you didnt use mines, you didnt trap him. you did get him when he was goign to fed. the psf has been what it is for a long time now and obviously it works.
Poca since losing the PSF would directly effect you I knew you wouldn't be able to side with me on this, which is fine. But the points you bring up are irrelevant, mines wouldnt mattered even if I had laid 50, the point being the ships with mines except the MS do not have the damage potential to kill a PSF easily. Dev has 8 weapons highest or 2nd highest damage potential to a MS, and I fired 4 shots and still was no where near killing it. Your insults just make your points irrelevant.

umm if you had a mine, or 50 minutes that means you could of probably got 2 more shots, which means they would of been dead. you just lack the skill of a good player, because if you were good you would of killed them. not my fault you shot 4 times and didnt kill them and now complaining to the web board to get it changed, because you "should of got that kill"...

sometimes you just have to accept how it is. a psf is a /15 and thats it. it wont change. not matter what you do it wont change. its like i have so many ideas and they are good ideas but they just dont happen. sorry jj but i cant see this changing.
Considering the coder in the post above you thinks it needs to be looked at, I foresee it changing. Either way, I am using an extreme example of someone getting 4 shots on a PSF, most I have seen going back on my alliance's combat logs is 5 and that person also lived. A lot of time people run by the time 3 shots have been fired.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

you are not reading what i am saying. if you are smart and use mines accordingly. you can kill any trader. hunting is a skill and i guess you just dont have that skill..

for example take orca for example. no matter what ship you were in, if you were trading and he was on you were as good as dead. its not because he would hit hard, but because he was a good hunter and knew how to use mines etc.
ImageImage
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

N.ator wrote:you are not reading what i am saying. if you are smart and use mines accordingly. you can kill any trader. hunting is a skill and i guess you just dont have that skill..

for example take orca for example. no matter what ship you were in, if you were trading and he was on you were as good as dead. its not because he would hit hard, but because he was a good hunter and knew how to use mines etc.
Hunting is a skill, sure, but combat is also a big heaping of luck. The player base is small enough these days that its really not rewarding to be a hunter. Many of that breed have died off simply from a lack of prey.

This isn't a matter of JJ sucking, this is a matter of the PSF needing to be gimped *just a little* to make it a riskier ship. It will make the game more interesting.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

N.ator wrote:you are not reading what i am saying. if you are smart and use mines accordingly. you can kill any trader. hunting is a skill and i guess you just dont have that skill..

Again insulting me isn't helping your cause, and it has nothing to do with skill, I got 4 shots on a ship and it wasn't close to dying. That has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with the combat code and defense of the ship. Also Orca was around before the combat code was changed, so we are talking different issues here.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Naeblis
Quiet One

Post by Naeblis »

Beausoleil wrote:

Hunting is a skill, sure, but combat is also a big heaping of luck. The player base is small enough these days that its really not rewarding to be a hunter. Many of that breed have died off simply from a lack of prey.

This isn't a matter of JJ sucking, this is a matter of the PSF needing to be gimped *just a little* to make it a riskier ship. It will make the game more interesting.
Good post.
Master of the lightenings, rider on the storm, wearer of a crown of swords, spinner-out of fate. Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time, may learn the truth too late.Galactic Vampire
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Per discussion in chat earlier, Seldum brought up another good point. With how great the PSF is, and with the number of people using it, activity in the game really slows down when people get out of ist and into psf. Psf originally when I started was a ship you got if you were a very inactive trader or were going on vacation and didn't want to lose turns. It wasn't meant to be a regular every day trader by everyone. Now obviously the game speed has had an effect on the psf allowing it to be a regular ship, but I don't see game speed decreasing per other aspects of the game working well with this speed. Basically this is just another reason to nerf or all out get rid of the PSF

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

simple solution

decrease holds on the psf, increase turns.

this will help hunters too because you will have to trade more often, so there are more chances to interact with the trader.
ImageImage
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

N.ator wrote:simple solution

decrease holds on the psf, increase turns.

this will help hunters too because you will have to trade more often, so there are more chances to interact with the trader.
This doesnt solve a thing, it still make them /15 defensively

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

yes it does. because you will have more interation with the trader. they will have more turns. trade for longer times
ImageImage
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

N.ator wrote:yes it does. because you will have more interation with the trader. they will have more turns. trade for longer times
Defense is the issue here, you obviously are glossing over the entire point of this thread.