The Psf

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: The Psf

Post by N.ator »

ok well how about you look in the pass. There have still been many deaths when being in the psf. even i have died while in the psf.

this isnt a psf defense issue, but lack of skill and possibly combat code
ImageImage
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

N.ator wrote:ok well how about you look in the pass. There have still been many deaths when being in the psf. even i have died while in the psf.

Again since the combat code isnt changing then your point is irrelevant, and bringing up previous kills of psfs when the combat code was different is also irrelevant. The points are concerning the right here and right now.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

JettJackson wrote:
N.ator wrote:ok well how about you look in the pass. There have still been many deaths when being in the psf. even i have died while in the psf.

Again since the combat code isnt changing then your point is irrelevant, and bringing up previous kills of psfs when the combat code was different is also irrelevant. The points are concerning the right here and right now.
yes and what i am saying jett, is that this not killing him is a 1 out of 100
ImageImage
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

Lack of skill? You can kill a wb in 4 shots, how the hell is a trader supposed to survive?

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

N.ator wrote:
JettJackson wrote:

It really is funny how little you know, and how little you understand what this topic is even about. I said my piece on why it needs to be changed, many agree including page.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

N.ator wrote:
JettJackson wrote:

this is bogus.

a PSF will escape 99% of the time if the person who is flying it has played the SM for longer then a month. at /15 defense if someone hits with Every weapon every shot its going to take 2 shots, minimum, and we are not on dialup anymore.. Everyone has broadband and everyone has page times under a second, pages auto refresh certain things. Everything combined makes it easier for a trader to escape.

place one mine and one scout at the port at the start of trading. Now you instantly know when someone enters since the page refreshes it automatically. If you let the person trying to kill you get off more then 2 shots your either a.)using dial up in Serbia, or B.) Not paying attention.

I can pretty much guaranty if i get into a PSF i wont die a single time the entire game while i'm inside of that psf. Go ahead find the best hunter in the entire game, they wont kill my psf, unless my internet goes down.
i killed orca.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

silverx2 wrote:
N.ator wrote:
JettJackson wrote: Again since the combat code isnt changing then your point is irrelevant, and bringing up previous kills of psfs when the combat code was different is also irrelevant. The points are concerning the right here and right now.
this is bogus.

a PSF will escape 99% of the time if the person who is flying it has played the SM for longer then a month. at /15 defense if someone hits with Every weapon every shot its going to take 2 shots, minimum, and we are not on dialup anymore.. Everyone has broadband and everyone has page times under a second, pages auto refresh certain things. Everything combined makes it easier for a trader to escape.

place one mine and one scout at the port at the start of trading. Now you instantly know when someone enters since the page refreshes it automatically. If you let the person trying to kill you get off more then 2 shots your either a.)using dial up in Serbia, or B.) Not paying attention.

I can pretty much guaranty if i get into a PSF i wont die a single time the entire game while i'm inside of that psf. Go ahead find the best hunter in the entire game, they wont kill my psf, unless my internet goes down.
Well said silver. Its plain and simple the only way you die in a PSF is if you are trying to die.

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

all i say is make it faster, give it less holds. then the game will become more active and you will have to trade for longer and more often
ImageImage
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

N.ator wrote:all i say is make it faster, give it less holds. then the game will become more active and you will have to trade for longer and more often
I disagree, if anything that going to make it better. The biggest drawback of the PSF is it's speed. it used to be what 2 turns per hour? The whole point of it was it was big, it was slow, and it was hard to kill, and good ports used to be far from fed, this means anytime a PSF wanted to trade it was risking 2-3 days worth of turns hoping nobody the route was full, and not being hunted, just preventing a PSF from trading was a minor success because you knew you cost someone a lot of time.

If you up the turns and lower the holds you take that risk and you marginalize it, now instead of 2-3 days of wasted turns turns in half a days wasted turns, end results, a slightly smaller, faster, still impossible to kill ship.
i killed orca.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Beausoleil wrote: Hunting is a skill, sure, but combat is also a big heaping of luck. The player base is small enough these days that its really not rewarding to be a hunter. Many of that breed have died off simply from a lack of prey.

This isn't a matter of JJ sucking, this is a matter of the PSF needing to be gimped *just a little* to make it a riskier ship. It will make the game more interesting.
So your answer is to make it where it is no longer rewarding to be a trader? You see where this is going you are trading off one group of players fun for the other. Do you think it is fun be be poded all the time? To lose exper, money, ship just to make it more fun for Who?

Ok so sorry Beausoleil I just wanted to correct you thinking just a little. I agree with some of what is being said in this thread, not all. I would think that shooting at something as big as a PSF it would be a little easier to hit. Why not just add a bonus to the accuracy of the attackers weapons when attacking a PSF, say 10%. It would be just one more If statement in the accuracy code.

The ship stays the same, the hunters hit a little more. The hunters are happy because they hit more, the traders are happy because it still is not a one shot kill.