The Psf

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Beausoleil
Quiet One

Re: The Psf

Post by Beausoleil »

Freon22 wrote:So your answer is to make it where it is no longer rewarding to be a trader? You see where this is going you are trading off one group of players fun for the other. Do you think it is fun be be poded all the time? To lose exper, money, ship just to make it more fun for Who?

Ok so sorry Beausoleil I just wanted to correct you thinking just a little. I agree with some of what is being said in this thread, not all. I would think that shooting at something as big as a PSF it would be a little easier to hit. Why not just add a bonus to the accuracy of the attackers weapons when attacking a PSF, say 10%. It would be just one more If statement in the accuracy code.

The ship stays the same, the hunters hit a little more. The hunters are happy because they hit more, the traders are happy because it still is not a one shot kill.
I prefer trade myself. I just think there is too little risk in the PSF. I'm not asking that it be made vulnerable, just less hard to destroy. It does seem damn near invincible these days, and I don't think that that is by design. A reduction in cargo (500 holds maybe?) or defense would be good, and still leave it as the second best trade ship.

Changing how much damage a hunter does to a PSF is an idea, but from a coding and story POV, I don't think its practical. Better to alter the things about it that are relatively easy to change (stats) than add in new code just for it.
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Re: The Psf

Post by Grey Death »

PSF has already been modified. Rejected
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General