Show Banner on Current Players

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Show Banner on Current Players

Post by N.ator »

If you are paying $3, 3 smr credits, i think you should have the banner next to your name on the current players list also. if you are a trader you want people to see it, and that is a way you can show off your photoshop skills etc.
ImageImage
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Re: Show Banner on Current Players

Post by Beausoleil »

N.ator wrote:If you are paying $3, 3 smr credits, i think you should have the banner next to your name on the current players list also. if you are a trader you want people to see it, and that is a way you can show off your photoshop skills etc.
I think there is an issue with how that would affect the layout, and possibly the load times.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

load times wont change at all! its a little 200k photo!
ImageImage
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

N.ator wrote:load times wont change at all! its a little 200k photo!
A few of those add up...
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Yes they would add up. However, if you futher decreased the size of the file allowed then I would be all for this. I have seen other games do it and I think it adds a element to the game involving teams and teamwork.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Beausoleil wrote:
A few of those add up...

no it really wouldnt! have you been to google images, search for an image and how fast does it pop up?

its current players, so its not liek it needs to load super super supre supre fast anyways!

trust me, this would not effect the page load at all! Page can you please tell them...

and overall it would bring more money to smr, because more people would want a banner next to their name. i know i would if they did this.
ImageImage
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Make it so once there are player profile pages... SMR needs to remain lightweighted. Game mechanics require it.
Use The Force(s)!
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

how about make it an option to show or not? so you can disable it if you want
ImageImage
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

N.ator wrote:
Beausoleil wrote:
A few of those add up...

no it really wouldnt! have you been to google images, search for an image and how fast does it pop up?

its current players, so its not liek it needs to load super super supre supre fast anyways!

trust me, this would not effect the page load at all! Page can you please tell them...

and overall it would bring more money to smr, because more people would want a banner next to their name. i know i would if they did this.
Have you ever checked what size those thumbnail images are? just guessing... but they are probably between 5-15kb each.

Not to mention they are running with a better connection and servers then we have available.

You get images down to under 10kb each and this MIGHT be feasible. Though you would need the option to disable if you were on a slow connection.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

ok tell me this though. how many images would there honestly be. max people on a cpl is what maybe 15 now days? sometimes 20 during an op. and out of those people how many have an image? maybe.. MAYBE 3? like come on guys. how about you impliment it, and then if it REALLY SLOW then we can not do but it but at least try it!

this game is starting to ;) me off because people always say you need change this change that. and then when i have good suggestions they are instantly shot down . its w/e this game wont be going anywhere without change. who is going to want to play the same game over and over again if there are no improvements.

people now days are VISUAL. with no images in this game. no new people will play and the idea of new backgrounds, new images being implemented in new places all has a sole purpose, which is to keep the player in the game.
ImageImage