Show Banner on Current Players

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Beausoleil
Quiet One

Re: Show Banner on Current Players

Post by Beausoleil »

N.ator wrote:ok tell me this though. how many images would there honestly be. max people on a cpl is what maybe 15 now days? sometimes 20 during an op. and out of those people how many have an image? maybe.. MAYBE 3? like come on guys. how about you impliment it, and then if it REALLY SLOW then we can not do but it but at least try it!

this game is starting to ;) me off because people always say you need change this change that. and then when i have good suggestions they are instantly shot down . its w/e this game wont be going anywhere without change. who is going to want to play the same game over and over again if there are no improvements.

people now days are VISUAL. with no images in this game. no new people will play and the idea of new backgrounds, new images being implemented in new places all has a sole purpose, which is to keep the player in the game.
No matter how you slice it, this game won't win on visuals. If we updated the visuals to be barely interesting to the average person, we'd have a completely new game on our hands. Not that that's a bad thing...but we also lack the capacity to do that, given our whopping one volunteer coder.

I agree that the game needs things switched up now and then. Right now I'm trying to do that with different kinds of maps. And changes can be made, but they need to be good enough to warrant the time of our part-time coder. Trying something and then changing it if it fails is not efficient.

If you can find us some good coders, we can start talking more about changes. Until then, we have to work within our means.
Holti
Quiet One

Re: Show Banner on Current Players

Post by Holti »

Rejected due to load time concerns.

I feel player profiles should be seriously looked at, but it's mentioned in a different thread in the "to be discussed" section.