Weapon options

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

the570z
Quiet One

Weapon options

Post by the570z »

Can the weapon system be tiered so that you CAN buy higher level weapons but you can also swap in a lower level in place of it. Sometimes having 3x level 4 weapons is better then 2x lvl 4 and a lvl 5. IE you can go down in level all you want but only UP to the current level and things swap out even, ditching a level 5 does not get you 2 more lvl 3 slots for example, only 1. I dont think allowing a dev to have eight lvl 3 weps is a good idea... lol. But i think having more options is consistent with both the RPG elements and practical elements of the game!
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Weapon options

Post by N.ator »

it doesnt. as of right now you can only have 1 lvl 5. even if you have more powet. etc. 2 lvl 4 etc
ImageImage
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

What i said above is what i wanted to see, not what is. I was just suggesting that a creo or FU should not be allowed to trade down into all lvl 3 and 4 weapons. Thus the fact that you keep the current level slots 1x 5 2x4 3x3... but those should be an up to level 5 deal. so you can fill the level 5 slot with a level 3 or 4 instead of as current where u have to use a lvl 5 or waste it.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

yes i agree
ImageImage
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

I wouldn't be against switching to only being restricted by the "power" system (see bottom right of the screen it shows how much power you have available for weapons), currently to fill all the power you have to do the 5/4/4/3/3/3 etc weapons, but taking away the tier restriction would give more choice in the spread of weapons and generally more choice, it would also be one of the easiest changes to make (I would have to comment out a couple of lines only).
Basically for something this straightforward then posting on "Request a Feature" in game is the best way to go, and get people to vote yes.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

well the only caveat i wasnt sure of was weather or not to allow any weapons up to current slots or leave the current 1 lvl5 2lvl4... alone and just allow substitutions of lower power weapons in higher level spots.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

You can currently have weapons from whatever power levels you want fill your slots, the only actual restriction is you can only have a maximum of (6 - level) weapons for each level. But in a 7 hardpoint ship you can have 3 lvl 3 weapons and 4 lvl 2 weapons should you so choose, it just wouldn't be optimal is all.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Yhea what i was trying for was to change the deal to slot rules instead of purchase limits i guess. Could be used for tweaking ships later, but for now just change it so that ever ship gets 1 lvl 5 slot, 2 lvl 4, 3 lvl 3... through all slots on ship and then make that level slot a max. So you could swap out a lvl 5 for a lvl 4 or a lvl 5 for a level 3. I was afraid of allowing some super damage setup that would make high xp folks unkillable. Running through it in beta though my fears are unfounded, just remove level restriction and it should allow for lower damage high acc setups that include things other then pulse lasers... YAY!!
backlash

Post by backlash »

I understand what u are saying and have suggested it in the past in the request a feature. allow player to select a lower weapon lvl in place of a higher one. instead of running a 5,4,4,3,3,3 you could run a 4,4,4,3,3,3 the extra 4 taking place of the 5 or 5,4,3,3,3,3 the 3 taking place of the missing 4. i think it is a reasonable and logical request.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

backlash wrote:I understand what u are saying and have suggested it in the past in the request a feature. allow player to select a lower weapon lvl in place of a higher one. instead of running a 5,4,4,3,3,3 you could run a 4,4,4,3,3,3 the extra 4 taking place of the 5 or 5,4,3,3,3,3 the 3 taking place of the missing 4. i think it is a reasonable and logical request.
yeah i think we should do that also
ImageImage