Different type of banks. Why?

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Different type of banks. Why?

Post by N.ator »

So why are there different type of banks? I think there should be a purpose. There should be more ensentive to use one bank rather then the other? possibly there should be a sercharge if you use a bank.. since you are using it, it will deduct interest money. So if you keep money on you there will be more of a risk. Also this interest money should go to the bank. And then when you bust a bank, you will recieve all of the interest money but doubled. I think this would be a cool and neat way to get money!

also depending how used the bank is, it would be equivlent to port lvls
ImageImage
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Re: Different type of banks. Why?

Post by Beausoleil »

N.ator wrote:So why are there different type of banks? I think there should be a purpose. There should be more ensentive to use one bank rather then the other? possibly there should be a sercharge if you use a bank.. since you are using it, it will deduct interest money. So if you keep money on you there will be more of a risk. Also this interest money should go to the bank. And then when you bust a bank, you will recieve all of the interest money but doubled. I think this would be a cool and neat way to get money!

LOL...I'm actually kinda curious about how that would work...you could sign up for one of the banks, and then if you use another, you get charged a small fee. Nothing to really lose sleep over, maybe 5k credits or something, but enough to be like bah...I should have gone with bank x instead of bank y!

Banks could also give you interest on a personal account. Very small interest...like 1% per day...but still, just to make it resemble the real world and savings account more.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Beausoleil wrote:
N.ator wrote:So why are there different type of banks? I think there should be a purpose. There should be more ensentive to use one bank rather then the other? possibly there should be a sercharge if you use a bank.. since you are using it, it will deduct interest money. So if you keep money on you there will be more of a risk. Also this interest money should go to the bank. And then when you bust a bank, you will recieve all of the interest money but doubled. I think this would be a cool and neat way to get money!

LOL...I'm actually kinda curious about how that would work...you could sign up for one of the banks, and then if you use another, you get charged a small fee. Nothing to really lose sleep over, maybe 5k credits or something, but enough to be like bah...I should have gone with bank x instead of bank y!

Banks could also give you interest on a personal account. Very small interest...like 1% per day...but still, just to make it resemble the real world and savings account more.

yeah and why not have the ability to make CD ? 3 days, 1 week or 1 month!

idk i think it woul dbe neat! just cool and fun!
ImageImage
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

N.ator wrote:yeah and why not have the ability to make CD ? 3 days, 1 week or 1 month!

idk i think it woul dbe neat! just cool and fun!
I agree. Wouldn't affect gameplay much, and just be a nice feature that helps players immerse themselves in the game world just a little bit more.
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Beausoleil wrote:

Ummm, unless we are seriously revamping the money generation in this game I would have to say no to interest being given to players.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

Grey Death wrote:Ummm, unless we are seriously revamping the money generation in this game I would have to say no to interest being given to players.
What harm could 1% interest daily do?
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Beausoleil wrote:
Grey Death wrote:Ummm, unless we are seriously revamping the money generation in this game I would have to say no to interest being given to players.
What harm could 1% interest daily do?
Well, look at it this way. In the old days (Pre-SMR) there was no such thing as AA. We had a trade coordinator who was the most trusted person and they kept the money in their account. They also setup secret accounts with passwords for each trader to use for depositing to funnel the money to the coordinator. In TI (The Interregnum) round there was a 1% interest on accounts. Once an alliance hit 2-3 billion, the interest was typically paying for all ship and mine costs on a daily basis and no further trading for cash was needed.

If we did interest then the AA would not be used because why would I put the money in the AA when I could just keep all of the money in a personal acct and get interest? FYI 1% interest on 1 billion is 10 million a day. With the type of money generation already available due to the super high trade routes capable of being built as well as bonding, interest is not needed.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

Grey Death wrote:Well, look at it this way. In the old days (Pre-SMR) there was no such thing as AA. We had a trade coordinator who was the most trusted person and they kept the money in their account. They also setup secret accounts with passwords for each trader to use for depositing to funnel the money to the coordinator. In TI (The Interregnum) round there was a 1% interest on accounts. Once an alliance hit 2-3 billion, the interest was typically paying for all ship and mine costs on a daily basis and no further trading for cash was needed.

If we did interest then the AA would not be used because why would I put the money in the AA when I could just keep all of the money in a personal acct and get interest? FYI 1% interest on 1 billion is 10 million a day. With the type of money generation already available due to the super high trade routes capable of being built as well as bonding, interest is not needed.
Lets be fair though...what person would be in possession of 1 billion in their personal account? And 10 million/day interest? thats peanuts - not even enough for one full top racial with weapons & tech. Bonding would still be far superior.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

We demand the ability to rob banks!
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

the570z wrote:We demand the ability to rob banks!
+1
ImageImage