Treaties

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Schatten

Treaties

Post by Schatten »

What about implementing treaties between players and/or alliances? They could be of variable length of time and could add another level of color coding so peace treaty players/forces are yellow instead of green or red. You could also add an element like a payoff, ex I give you 10mill to not attack me for a week. Might be nice for those of us who just want to trade in peace.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Treaties

Post by N.ator »

but there are only 2 real alliances therefore treatys are sort of useless
ImageImage
Schatten

Post by Schatten »

1. You could still have them between individuals or an individual and an alliance

2. If that's true for ever game then the system seems flawed, esp when limiting alliance sizes. Esp for those that just like to trade the only sense of protection you have is in an alliance just so you know not everyone is willing to kill you. Plus with the current system of alliance size and limiting number of non-italics players in the alliances, those that figured out the game well enough to advance in player rank, but are in reality still novices, are left on their own. It doesn't encourage new people to play if there are only 2 large alliances that can't take more people but are more than willing to beat up on solos who don't have many other options.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i think it would be cool for the next (special game) we make a 5 man alliances and then you can have 2 peace treaties.
ImageImage
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

We used to have coded treaties, it is a good/necessary idea when there is more then 8-10 active alliances. Since there is only 2 I don't really see a point.

Also, small alliances have never worked I don't see why you would want to try them again.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
Schatten

Post by Schatten »

Again, these wouldn't need to be strictly between alliances or big alliances. There seem to be several people who solo or work in small teams that this could be beneficial for if you let them be between players or between a single player and an alliance. Or for those who can't get into a large alliance because of whatever reason (chosen race, play style, experience, alliance caps) they can at least have an agreement not to attack or be attacked by them.
Hugh
Quiet One

Post by Hugh »

The only treaty needed is if your in the alliance. All others are honor bound. Until the player base jumps up, treaties aren't going to help anything.
Hugh
~-~-~
Currently with Path TO Oblivion
Previously with Tyranical Rule, Undead Umbrellas, Contraction, V.E.N.o.M, Quiet Riot, System Failure, RoD, TLS and others that don't come to mind...
Led iLegitimate Basterds

Hated 1.5
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Treaties between players would not work.

Treaties between alliances would require a much longer discussion.

Rejected
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General