Please Fix Ikkies fed abilities

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Please Fix Ikkies fed abilities

Post by JettJackson »

the570z wrote:I explained it earlier, but here it goes again. The attack rating for CDs needs to be changed as currently they are hopelessly underrated which is amongst other things allowing ikky players to fed with basically full weapons. Allowing anybody to fed with full weapons isnt very fair and in the current game of sparse activity, yields a massive advantage. The ability of ik thorne players to save turns arming is and should remain an positive for the race. However even if they had to buy combat drones every time(which is no guaranteed deal as they can still just drop CDs), they would still have an arm route which in the worst possible case is 3 stops, which is definitely shorter then an equivalent arm for every other race.

This game is already needlessly complicated in many aspects. Attack rating is one minor element that could be simplified drastically by moving every single weapon in the game to the same rating formula. Yes its a minor advantage but its also a minor change. But even small tweaks to streamline the game will help eliminate all of these "except *****" when it comes to explaining how things work to new players. The less complicated the game is to learn, the more people that will do so and the better things are for EVERYBODY. So back to the same old thing, the more intuitive we can make gameplay the more people will actually play said game and I dont know about the rest of you but im strongly under the impression that the more active players the merrier.
Ok I understand you want Ikky changed, but I don't see the point of changing weapons around also...
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

JettJackson wrote:
the570z wrote: This game is already needlessly complicated in many aspects. Attack rating is one minor element that could be simplified drastically by moving every single weapon in the game to the same rating formula. Yes its a minor advantage but its also a minor change. But even small tweaks to streamline the game will help eliminate all of these "except *****" when it comes to explaining how things work to new players. The less complicated the game is to learn, the more people that will do so and the better things are for EVERYBODY. So back to the same old thing, the more intuitive we can make gameplay the more people will actually play said game and I dont know about the rest of you but im strongly under the impression that the more active players the merrier.
Ok I understand you want Ikky changed, but I don't see the point of changing weapons around also...

Plz read previous post.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

he only said change the attack rating of drones differently. not weapons.

READ BETTER
ImageImage
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

No Nator, I had suggested moving all weapons including drones to one single attack rating system as having drones be rated differently then all other weapons just adds confusion to the game. I also wanted to include accuracy into the attack rating stats as it is a very important part of how a weapon works.

The idea behind it is that the less exceptions we have in how the game works the better off we all are. So if you have weapons attack rating based on potential damage only and then do something completely different for CDs its confusing. If every weapon is rated based on all its stats(acc and damage) then attack ratings will cease to be this sort of useless stat and noobs can use them to compare weapons. It would also be more intuitive that if a ship with an attack rating of 20 goes up against one with an attack rating of 30, you would know right away your going to be outshot. Changing around attack ratings has pretty much zero effect on vets anyway, everybody sells all weapons when fedding every time. Why not make a change to help others figure out the game easier?
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Rejected because my brain hurts from this one.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General