Please Fix Ikkies fed abilities

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Please Fix Ikkies fed abilities

Post by N.ator »

Page wrote:How it was?

from what i remember, a fully armed itac with combat drones, could be safe in fed, if they had 300 alignment and above i believe.
ImageImage
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Edgecrusher wrote:I don't mean to be a spoilsport here, but what exactly is the problem with ikky's fedding? Yes, they can keep more drones, but isn't that one of the advantages of being ikky?

By the way, the minimum attack rating with which you can fed was never based on xp, what people are referring to is that in the old days, cds contributed more to your attack rating. Therefore you could still fed as a 5/ when you were good, but that only meant 100 cds or so. I am all for increasing cds to have a higher offensive rating: this doesn't influence the balance of the game in any way (MS will show as 22/21, but will still do the same amount of damage), except for the fedding.
Attack rating for drones changed once before to be based upon exp this was before 1.5 I think. Although I am with you on this, not everything has to be perfectly balanced because then we should just take all the races out except one. I see nothing wrong with ikks being able to keep drones on their ships in fed.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

JettJackson wrote:Attack rating for drones changed once before to be based upon exp this was before 1.5 I think. Although I am with you on this, not everything has to be perfectly balanced because then we should just take all the races out except one. I see nothing wrong with ikks being able to keep drones on their ships in fed.
Things can be balanced without being identical..
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Page wrote:
JettJackson wrote:Attack rating for drones changed once before to be based upon exp this was before 1.5 I think. Although I am with you on this, not everything has to be perfectly balanced because then we should just take all the races out except one. I see nothing wrong with ikks being able to keep drones on their ships in fed.
Things can be balanced without being identical..
No I know Page. I just think this isn't as big of a deal as people make it. I think the max you can have in fed at 5/ is 275. That only matters early when hunting, after that you are either on a planet or in ms or both.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

The ITAC is faster then all but one ship in its class, has more offense then any other ship in its class, has more defense then any other ship in its class, and wastes 40-50% less turns then any other ship in its class... I seriously dont think you meant its perfect and that everybody should just play Ik thorne as balance is for losers...

I define waste as turns spent either running away from larger ships, turns spent arming and turns spent disarming. This accounts for 100+ turns on every outing for any other mid racial.

If Ikky was supposed to be the master race that beats all the others, whats the point of having any other ones? Im not even asking that anybody nerfs the ITAC just at least make them play by the same fed rules as anybody else as they really dont need any more advantages.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

I agree that the ITAC is too strong at the moment. You even forgot to add the fact that it has enough holds to do some trading.

But that discussion has nothing to do with fed abilities. fedding may be tweaked a bit, but it isn't a big deal. Tuning down the Itac is another matter, for another discussion.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

I just dont like the fact that CDs are so under-rated in attack rating. 275 CDs is the equivalent of about 4 Large Pulse Lasers... Hell the two HPLs that take an ITAC from a 5/17 to a 13/17 add 8 to its attack rating and only in rare cases do they do more damage then the CDs do.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

the570z wrote:I just dont like the fact that CDs are so under-rated in attack rating. 275 CDs is the equivalent of about 4 Large Pulse Lasers... Hell the two HPLs that take an ITAC from a 5/17 to a 13/17 add 8 to its attack rating and only in rare cases do they do more damage then the CDs do.
Name me one time you saw an ITAC fire 275 drones, I can tell you that number is 0

Hell I don't think I have ever seen one fire person to person more than 150 drones from an ITAC. Sure it might hit ports or planets for more than 150 drones, but those shots are rare.

the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

150 drones is 300 damage... 4 large pulse lasers usually only hit with 2-3. Thats 120-180 damage. So an ITAC normally launches between 50-90 drones wouldnt you say? So yes, 4 Large Pulse lasers is just barely equal to 275 drones.

Your failing to take into account that drones have 100% accuracy AND roll damage over to armor(big advantage all by itself). Yes drones may only hit for 100-200 damage but they do it EVERY SINGLE TIME and are not defeated by 15 drones or 10 sheilds. An ITAC in fed protection can easily walk one out and kill an IST in 2-3 shots. Which is coincidentally the same amount of shots it tends to take a fully armed racial hunter.
Last edited by the570z on Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

the570z wrote:150 drones is 300 damage... 4 large pulse lasers usually only hit with 2-3. Thats 120-180 damage. So an ITAC normally launches between 50-90 drones wouldnt you say? So yes, 4 Large Pulse lasers is just barely equal to 275 drones.
yes and what happens when you fight someone and those drones go away? stop looking at this as if the ikky is never hurt.