Please Fix Ikkies fed abilities

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

the570z
Quiet One

Please Fix Ikkies fed abilities

Post by the570z »

With the current attack rating calcs for CDs and the fact that just deputy lets you fed at 5, the ITAC can basically just hang out in fed and become invincible at leisure. Its patently ridiculous to allow ships that can attack for 200 per shot fed protection. Somebody with an attack rating of 20 can barely average 200 damage against an even level. Nobody would suggest allowing them to fed would they? Plus an MS can park in fed with no weapons and full drones, get shot at and fed halfway through the fight, becoming invincible. Even an ITAC can get two low level weapons and fed if the fight goes bad. Thats just seriously unbalanced and not the point of fed protection at all.
Kard
Beta Tester

Re: Please Fix Ikkies fed abilities

Post by Kard »

I agree. Fedding for ikky ships needs to be fixed.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

lets make it back to how it was. it was sort of fun for the hunters and for the traders when they could basically fed when high enough alignment
ImageImage
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

How it was?
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Would it unbalance the game to adjust the attack rating of all weapons to something based around average damage instead of stated damage? For normal weapons that would just be damage/acc and then for drones its the average damage over 50 shots at same level.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Page wrote:How it was?
it was based upon exp, but i believe like a typical ms was 22/23
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

the570z wrote:Would it unbalance the game to adjust the attack rating of all weapons to something based around average damage instead of stated damage? For normal weapons that would just be damage/acc and then for drones its the average damage over 50 shots at same level.
Lets fix ikky not change every race, ikkys are fedding with drones not weapons...
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Im just for consistency, wouldn't really change anything other then which weapons traders can own, its just the rating not the damage.... I want to make the game less confusing so having some things in the game on one attack rating system and others on a different one doesnt make any sense, more to the point having a 5/17 outshooting a 15/13 or something makes even less sense and makes folks who are not old pros pound heads into keyboards. This would be at the worst a minor adjustment to the pro types.

Im all for simpler suggestions but if your just gonna troll every thread with "this is too hard/difficult/big" dont bother.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

I don't mean to be a spoilsport here, but what exactly is the problem with ikky's fedding? Yes, they can keep more drones, but isn't that one of the advantages of being ikky?

By the way, the minimum attack rating with which you can fed was never based on xp, what people are referring to is that in the old days, cds contributed more to your attack rating. Therefore you could still fed as a 5/ when you were good, but that only meant 100 cds or so. I am all for increasing cds to have a higher offensive rating: this doesn't influence the balance of the game in any way (MS will show as 22/21, but will still do the same amount of damage), except for the fedding.
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

Edgecrusher wrote:Yes, they can keep more drones, but isn't that one of the advantages of being ikky?
Edgecrusher wrote:I am all for increasing cds to have a higher offensive rating: this doesn't influence the balance of the game in any way (MS will show as 22/21, but will still do the same amount of damage), except for the fedding.
I am going to agree with Edge on this one, especially if the cost of the MS increases. And it is possible to kill an ikky in fed who has too many drones. It just takes a few ships with armor weaps to do so :)
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.