Less Fed routes.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

the570z
Quiet One

Less Fed routes.

Post by the570z »

The current game is the most boring round I have every played. Every single race has a perfect fed route. There is no hunting, no fighting, no competition really. No offense to anybody but this map design is the worst I have played in a looooong time. I would suggest that future maps actually encourage players to leave fed protection rather then just stay in it.
Incognito
Quiet One

Re: Less Fed routes.

Post by Incognito »

This will always happen whenever the racial galaxies are small. There isn't much that can be done for it except maybe reducing the number of fed sectors.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

Incognito wrote:This will always happen whenever the racial galaxies are small. There isn't much that can be done for it except maybe reducing the number of fed sectors.
That is my strategy, personally - we've done 10x10 racial galaxies for both the draft and SS; I did not design SS, and I do feel there are too many fed sectors.

Do we really need more than 2 or 3 fed sectors? I realize that means scouting and mining the fed sectors in becomes possible...but I don't think thats necessarily a bad thing.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Gal creator automatically places the fed sectors when adding a fed, I could shrink the size of feds but the reason why I am hesitant is that it will be easier to hunt fed/mine feds with less fed sectors in play.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

Given the ease of trade and difficulty of hunting these days, I don't think the scouting/mining around fed sectors is a totally terrible idea.
Hugh
Quiet One

Post by Hugh »

Might easier to just remove the ports that are within 2 sectors of a fedspace...
Hugh
~-~-~
Currently with Path TO Oblivion
Previously with Tyranical Rule, Undead Umbrellas, Contraction, V.E.N.o.M, Quiet Riot, System Failure, RoD, TLS and others that don't come to mind...
Led iLegitimate Basterds

Hated 1.5
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

The size of feds (as far as I'm aware) is largely to try and ensure there are multiple routes out of fed so it is harder to lock them down, however with the ability to set per-galaxy mine duration the need for that has been decreased a lot, so making fed smaller should probably be fine now, maybe stick a random location just outside of fed space if need be to stop the mining but reduce fed routes.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i say make feds smaller
ImageImage
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Page wrote:The size of feds (as far as I'm aware) is largely to try and ensure there are multiple routes out of fed so it is harder to lock them down, however with the ability to set per-galaxy mine duration the need for that has been decreased a lot, so making fed smaller should probably be fine now, maybe stick a random location just outside of fed space if need be to stop the mining but reduce fed routes.
True about the mine times, the thing is we cant reduce the mine time too low because then hunting would be futile. Next game map however we will try smaller feds and see what happens from there, max size of fed currently is 13 sectors, I will trim that down to 5 sectors or less depending upon the layout of the gals.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

Can we just make all fed-sector connectivity and layouts the same? 1 HQ surrounded by 4 fed beacons.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.