Auto Trigger for hunting class ships

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Kard
Beta Tester

Re: Auto Trigger for hunting class ships

Post by Kard »

Interesting idea. I think it would probably unbalance certain things. Maybe have ONLY racial hunters, since they are faster and more maneuverable, instead of seeing an examine button, they see a fire button. So one click and they get a shot and then can continue attacking? Top racials, and the DC, and FU would not have such a feature. Perhaps now we can finaly impliment the manueverability feature on ships. Ships with manu above a certain point can fire straight from CS screen, where are below the manu you have to examine first, like normal.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Infinity wrote:Umm... I hunt and I say no. No explanation other than - unfair advantage.
Agreed, I think some skill is still needed to play this game.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Ok, so you post some ideas, im getting a little tired of the "every idea sucks" crowd. You dont like it, dont want to modify it, no big deal but either put up your own ideas or start a list for folks that think game is perfect and page should retire.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

the570z wrote:Ok, so you post some ideas, im getting a little tired of the "every idea sucks" crowd. You dont like it, dont want to modify it, no big deal but either put up your own ideas or start a list for folks that think game is perfect and page should retire.
Well, if you post suggestions, then you also must be willing to accept the fact that people don't like it.

I agree with what was said above: hunting should be a skill, not something you can buy. No hunter would use a device that fires once every two seconds, cause it's just too damn slow.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

maybe only have the first attack to be auto. and if it is auto it will take 5 turns
ImageImage
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

How about we don't have auto trigger, the game still needs to take some skill to it. The human aspect of the game is what makes this game fun for most of us.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

The idea was that it lets you get the first shot off, not that you would use it to kill everything. Its a tool that you use to augment your skills in a game that moves faster every day they improve the internet. The fact is that "skill" was never about who could click the fastest anyway, it used to be strategy. You had to know where they were trading, when and where they would run. Use mines and intercept them before they could make fed if they got away. When internet speeds were slow, everybody clicked at the same speed cept for a couple folks(who were always considered godlike because they could move faster...). Like it or not SMR is speeding up and it seems silly to me not to try and give people ways of moving faster then the game could again.

In a year or two as even more upgraded backbone networks come online and people are pretty much at a ping time of whatever it takes to get the electrons to the sever and back there will be no other "skills" other then click speed, in which case you might as well just simplify things into a game of reaction(android cell game, screen changes color and whoever clicks again first wins).
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

the570z wrote:Like it or not SMR is speeding up and it seems silly to me not to try and give people ways of moving faster then the game could again.
I partly agree, but as I said before an auto-trigger won't allow people to be faster. Most people already do 1 shot per second if they are fighting, some even 2 times a second.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

The idea was it would let you fire one shot instantly as you walked in, then you would examine and continue the attack from there. I wanted to make it keep shooting more for the fact that using it willy nilly would be a good way to get yourself killed by accidentally running into a warship of some type. The accuracy penalty was for the same reason. The idea was if the trader is able to CS and leave before you can examine and fire every time, using singles and this would give you a chance to get 1-2 weak shots off before they get to fed. It may or may not be enough to kill them but it would give the hunter at least a chance.