Planet Goods - Trading and Relation builder|port defense

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Planet Goods - Trading and Relation builder|port defense

Post by N.ator »

what happens if planets produce there own goods that can be used as ports

i say only 3 goods can be produced, and they will just come as the planet is built

Energy
Gas
Solar

and also maybe these goods can be donated to a port to help increase realtions and or strengthening a ports defense
ImageImage
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Planet Goods - Trading and Relation builder|port defense

Post by RCK »

Do ports really need to be stronger at this stage?

I'm all for adding more depth to the planet side of the game, but dont know that this is the right path.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Ports' defenses are far too small. Taking down a level 9 port is way too easy (even when it is technically level 15). Imo, top level ports should, like level 70 planets, be a guaranteed pod for someone.

I have always said that the trade system needs to be elaborated to be remotely interesting. As it is now, especially now that everyone has MGU (who invented that horrid program?) trading is utterly boring, just moving back and forward. I am not sure if planet goods are the solution though: it is far from original.

If we want to do something about the trade system, some people need to think about it carefully and it would need to be tested in beta thoroughly.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Have to agree with Edge... trading is about as exciting as watching paint dry these days, there really is no point in having other ports as only the main ones get used anyway.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

RCK wrote:Have to agree with Edge... trading is about as exciting as watching paint dry these days, there really is no point in having other ports as only the main ones get used anyway.
this makes no sense because if we have more goods and more elaberate trade system then more people would do it and it would be harder and more challenging!

and yeah ports are WAY WAY WAY TOO WEEK! even the top top ports.

and what i was saying is that maybe if you want to upgrade a port you can only use those certain goods!

-Remember in SM

there was a thing called school supplies..

it could only be bought at ports and not sold at them, but only donated! this donation was used for changing alignment and also upping the level or the port. i think we should bring back school supplies
ImageImage
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

N.ator wrote:
RCK wrote:Have to agree with Edge... trading is about as exciting as watching paint dry these days, there really is no point in having other ports as only the main ones get used anyway.
this makes no sense because if we have more goods and more elaberate trade system then more people would do it and it would be harder and more challenging!

and yeah ports are WAY WAY WAY TOO WEEK! even the top top ports.

and what i was saying is that maybe if you want to upgrade a port you can only use those certain goods!

-Remember in SM

there was a thing called school supplies..

it could only be bought at ports and not sold at them, but only donated! this donation was used for changing alignment and also upping the level or the port. i think we should bring back school supplies
LOL at referring to new SM as SM...

As for the trading thing, people get bored with trading very quickly as its the same thing over and over with little to no change. Sure adding goods might change things a bit but its essentially the same thing as it is now just more of it.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

so its a change! yeah its a small change but hey its new! and with one change it will lead to more! its better to make a small change then no change.

this is the problem with this web board and everyone. no one is acceptable for change yet they know that if there is none then there will be more player base.
ImageImage
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

N.ator wrote:so its a change! yeah its a small change but hey its new! and with one change it will lead to more! its better to make a small change then no change.

this is the problem with this web board and everyone. no one is acceptable for change yet they know that if there is none then there will be more player base.
Don't conflate JJ's post with what everyone else thinks. =P There aren't as many people on the webboard as there are in the game, and I wouldn't forget that we simply have a few people who speak louder than most others do here. Keep up the posts, I like reading the ideas that come out of them.