Increase XP from building planets

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

the570z
Quiet One

Re: Increase XP from building planets

Post by the570z »

there are limited numbers of planets, and building rocks is a much riskier job then trading, as well as much more expensive. Just asking this to put things in perspective:

Why should an activity that generates cash and is very low risk have a much greater reward then an activity that is very high risk and costs a very large amount of money?
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Building planets is not a riskier job than trading. I see traders die everywhere, but builders die only in OPs. Definitely not while building.

First, the builder usually has a whole alliance behind him, second, access to the galaxy is usually not so straightforward for one or two ships, so the builder is safe. Once the builder is not safe anymore, it is likely that the galaxy is being OP'd on and everyone are in the same type of danger.

Also, if building was so much more dangerous than trading, why do I restrict builder's Thief movement only to the planet galaxy? (except, of course, for being a pure tyrant ;) )
Use The Force(s)!
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

no traders have died in the current game for weeks, several builders have died. More would have had there not been NAPS. Even in large alliances in the early game builders are incredibly vulnerable. Its only folks building late in the game after the rocks are big enough to defend themselves that are pretty safe.

There are a lot of jobs in this game that are necessary for the game to be fun for all, but have zero reward in the game. I understand that there is a desire to have dirty jobs that people have to do, but small alliances and newer ones struggle badly with getting people to do them. We have enough active folks for at least 3-4 alliances(at 20-23) And there always is 1-2 alliances that form but struggle with doing things like building gals and other tasks that provide the major rewards of being in an alliance. Why not make it a little easier on the leaders by getting folks to volunteer to do the hard stuff?

If people are so worried about Hugh getting to spooky then we could add in a deal that drops the amount of xp you get from building planets every time you do it so the max you can get is around 150k
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

the570z wrote:no traders have died in the current game for weeks, several builders have died. More would have had there not been NAPS. Even in large alliances in the early game builders are incredibly vulnerable. Its only folks building late in the game after the rocks are big enough to defend themselves that are pretty safe.

There are a lot of jobs in this game that are necessary for the game to be fun for all, but have zero reward in the game. I understand that there is a desire to have dirty jobs that people have to do, but small alliances and newer ones struggle badly with getting people to do them. We have enough active folks for at least 3-4 alliances(at 20-23) And there always is 1-2 alliances that form but struggle with doing things like building gals and other tasks that provide the major rewards of being in an alliance. Why not make it a little easier on the leaders by getting folks to volunteer to do the hard stuff?

If people are so worried about Hugh getting to spooky then we could add in a deal that drops the amount of xp you get from building planets every time you do it so the max you can get is around 150k
I agree with this perspective more than the others.
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

Why are you worried about xp????????????

It means nothing in this game.

I think it is perfect the way it is.

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

I DGAF about xp(rather be #1 in kills then number one in xp personally), but Im not the only person playing the game, there are plenty of folks that DGAF about getting kills or fighting, they just want to see if they can make spooky or at least stay in the number 1 spot. Why not make a more challenging and involved activity like galaxy building a more lucrative option for those that want to make #1. It just increases the total number of players that are trying to build gals, I dont care why your doing it, I just want more competition. If that means adding incentives to get folks that otherwise would not compete to join in the fray, why not?
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

the570z wrote:I DGAF about xp(rather be #1 in kills then number one in xp personally), but Im not the only person playing the game, there are plenty of folks that DGAF about getting kills or fighting, they just want to see if they can make spooky or at least stay in the number 1 spot. Why not make a more challenging and involved activity like galaxy building a more lucrative option for those that want to make #1. It just increases the total number of players that are trying to build gals, I dont care why your doing it, I just want more competition. If that means adding incentives to get folks that otherwise would not compete to join in the fray, why not?
In an average game, you can make between 70/100k, that is plenty. You're not going to ONLY build planets for an entire round, and you can trade in between builds, usually on an alliance made route, or you can hunt/defend.

XP should stay the same.

However, I think it should add some to your user score.

Personally, I don't trade, so another way to get user score besides kills would be helpful.

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

User score is done in a way that I could easily add extra HoF stats to the user score, it's just I converted it such that trading/killing would have roughly the same contribution as it did with the old ranking system (just with trading being split between xp/money so trading pure money would also add), the only reason more stats don't contribute is that the maths to calculate/decide their relative contribution was never done.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Sufex wrote:
In an average game, you can make between 70/100k, that is plenty. You're not going to ONLY build planets for an entire round, and you can trade in between builds, usually on an alliance made route, or you can hunt/defend.

XP should stay the same.

However, I think it should add some to your user score.

Personally, I don't trade, so another way to get user score besides kills would be helpful.

Again your talking about the organized folks that already build planets who split duties and would not be gaining massive xp by themselves. Smaller alliances and folks that now are content with just trading from fed from a PSF are the ones I want to prod to reach out a bit.

You say that xp doesnt matter and that you can make 100k easy anyway, but most opper builder types barely stay above 40k and if folks dont care about xp, why would changing it matter?
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

Sufex wrote:Why are you worried about xp????????????

It means nothing in this game.

I think it is perfect the way it is.
If it means nothing, I'm sure you won't mind it being a measly 10k more than what is currently provided, no?