Increase XP from building planets

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

the570z
Quiet One

Re: Increase XP from building planets

Post by the570z »

1. Planets remain small unless they are built
2. Nobody is building planets.
3. Small planets are useless as they are easily blown up.

1+2+3= Taking all planets in game is joke and game has no point. nobody plays games with no point. (edit: when nobody plays games, you have an even smaller playerbase increasing original issue)

Suggested fix=incentivize planet building so that more people will do it.
Last edited by the570z on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

JettJackson wrote:
the570z wrote:I cannot argue that the xp from building planets has been increased to 10800 from 0. However I can point out that it has had zero effect on planet building. Hugh is pretty much still the only cat to do it. I believe the idea was quite solid but the amount missed its target, thus the suggestion that increasing that amount may have the desired effect of spurring more planet building. As currently the amount of xp given for planet builds is a pittance and has zero effect on gameplay.
8-10 planets at 10.8k a pop is 86400exp to 108000exp which is between level 27 and level 30 in exp, that is much much more than 0 effect on gameplay.

Only hugh and some helpers have built any planets. No more people have started building planets since this change was made. Hugh no longer has 30k xp in his theif, he now has 80-90 and can "steal more kills".<-- all of this equals zero effect on gameplay as Hugh having an extra 60k xp is barely a drop in the bucket as far as the SMR world is concerned. Everybody could reach spooky and it would matter for crap if there was nobody to compete with and nothing to fight over.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

the570z wrote:1. Planets remain small unless they are built
2. Nobody is building planets.
3. Small planets are useless as they are easily blown up.

1+2+3= Taking all planets in game is joke and game has no point. nobody plays games with no point. (edit: when nobody plays games, you have an even smaller playerbase increasing original issue)

Suggested fix=incentivize planet building so that more people will do it.
Are you really using the least active time of the year to prove this theory, summer games have notoriously been inactive for years.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

JettJackson wrote: there is no reason to make it 20k other than the same 3 or so people saying that they want it with 0 reasoning.
The reason I want it 20k is because in the RAF Sufex approved of it and the proposal was 3/18/0. I assumed that it was supported because people felt the numbers I threw out were good.

Me: "Could do 90 experience per hangar/generator, and 180 experience per turret...leaves a single individual building a planet to level 70 from scratch to gain just under 20k experience for it."

Sufex: "20k for a 70 is not bad. Most builders only build so even if they only build 5 70's its only 100k. The amount of protection that 70s provide is worth 100k. "
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Beausoleil wrote:
JettJackson wrote: there is no reason to make it 20k other than the same 3 or so people saying that they want it with 0 reasoning.
The reason I want it 20k is because in the RAF Sufex approved of it and the proposal was 3/18/0. I assumed that it was supported because people felt the numbers I threw out were good.

Me: "Could do 90 experience per hangar/generator, and 180 experience per turret...leaves a single individual building a planet to level 70 from scratch to gain just under 20k experience for it."

Sufex: "20k for a 70 is not bad. Most builders only build so even if they only build 5 70's its only 100k. The amount of protection that 70s provide is worth 100k. "
Was this before or after 10800 per 70 was put in place?

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

the570z wrote:I believe the idea was quite solid but the amount missed its target, thus the suggestion that increasing that amount may have the desired effect of spurring more planet building.
The initial suggestion was
exp after each completed build
I took the idea of this to be some compensation for the players who do build planets, either way there is no mention of it being an incentive to make more people build planets..
Beausoleil wrote:I assumed that it was supported because people felt the numbers I threw out were good.
That's a pretty large assumption, especially as I'm fairly sure the majority of people don't actually look at the comments.. When I look at a feature request to implement I take the feature to be the initial request, not any of the comments (I may and normally do take the comments into account for some of the finer details, however I do not take any of them set in stone, and besides that any numbers thrown down are subject to change regardless)
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

All of this is good but people seem defensive, I understand why JJ does but Page nobody here is attacking you at all.

JJ, will you stop being such an obstinate jerk and just discuss things hell dude your the one who said "I believe your alliance leader proved this a few games back by hitting from fed without owning a planet" about alliances not building planets in more active games too. Fed ops happen a lot. Its an annoying tactic which you greatly disapprove of and can be seen frothing at the mouth over in globals. Why are you now attacking me for trying to find ways to get it not to happen? Like I said man its quite possible to agree on the goals without agreeing on the method but from your repeated attempts to be a dick I am starting to think your against anything I say because I said it. To which I would say pull your head out of that dark place you have it stuffed and either stop posting or start actually contributing with your posts.

Page, perhaps I was wrong but I had assumed the reasoning behind adding xp for building planets was to get more people to do it? People always build planets to have them to park on and defend. I thought adding the xp to it was a way to give people more reasons to do so. Was that not it?
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

the570z wrote:Page, perhaps I was wrong but I had assumed the reasoning behind adding xp for building planets was to get more people to do it? People always build planets to have them to park on and defend. I thought adding the xp to it was a way to give people more reasons to do so. Was that not it?
Page wrote:I took the idea of this to be some compensation for the players who do build planets, either way there is no mention of it being an incentive to make more people build planets..
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

JettJackson wrote:Was this before or after 10800 per 70 was put in place?
Before.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Too over powered

Rejected