Armor: 250
CDs: 0
Mines: 0
SDs: 0
Jump Drive: Yes
Scanner: No
IG: Maybe
Cloak: No

It'd be an Op ship, in that you'd fly it for money routes, and you'd have to have a group of your alliance mates protecting you.
It'd be a super high risk to reward thing.

Anyway, I know it's a crazy idea/ship, but I like the idea.
Meh
Quiet One

Re: New Trading Op ship

Post by Meh »

Instead of a dodgy IG, maybe a dodgy Cloak. Kind of like the Halo games, where this a really good active camo and a sucky one.

For this cloak, if some one is 5+ lvls below they can't see through.
At 4 lvls they have a 20% chance of decloaking every 20 turns they spend or every 4 turns you spend they get another chance.
At 3 lvls it goes to 40% chance and every 15 turns they spend or every 3 turns you spend they get another chance.
At 2 lvls it goes to 60% chance and every 10 turns they spend or every 2 turns you spend they get another chance.
At 1 lvl it goes to 80% chance and every 5 turns they spend or every 1 turn you spend they get another chance.
At the same lvl or higher they get 100% chance to see through it (regardless of how much xp you have, IE, a lvl 50 with 500k can still see a lvl 50 600k with a dodgy cloak)

*Edit: Also, if they 'decloak you' it means your cloak turns off, so they don't have to shoot you. Every time they come IS with you and either spent the required number or turns, or you've used turns, they have a chance to make your cloak fail it to drop.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

not bad. i would like to see this implemented and see working.
ImageImage
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

I'd rather not have to implement a completely different type of technology for what is at best a very experimental ship. Besides that I'm fairly indifferent to the idea, it would be very hard to balance seeing as it would have a very very strong snowball effect. All it takes is a 3x in safety and you will easily surpass people trading a 6x in any other ship (haven't done the numbers, but I'd expect it to potentially be even more extreme than that).
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

It just doesn't make sense. there is no balance to it, 1000 holds, but 1 shield and 250 armor?

If this were to get put in we should also add "the floating mountain" 10000 armor 10000 shields 1 turn per hour and only 1 gun.
i killed orca.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

I see no reason for another ship... half the current ship list isnt current used as it is.
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

lol...give me that and let me trade a 2x outside of fed all game.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
Meh
Quiet One

Post by Meh »

silverx2 wrote:It just doesn't make sense. there is no balance to it, 1000 holds, but 1 shield and 250 armor?

If this were to get put in we should also add "the floating mountain" 10000 armor 10000 shields 1 turn per hour and only 1 gun.
The idea is that it would be easy to pod, so high risk, high reward. Maybe 50 shields/50 armor would be more appropriate.
RCK wrote:I see no reason for another ship... half the current ship list isnt current used as it is.
Just because half the ship list isn't useful doesn't mean that we can't add new ones, or try to make the old ones more useful.
Albeit, it doesn't matter how much you tweak the ships, without more game mechanics there were always be top tier ships/weapons that everyone uses, and the rest are either just stepping stones to the top tier, or useless.
Page wrote:I'd rather not have to implement a completely different type of technology for what is at best a very experimental ship. Besides that I'm fairly indifferent to the idea, it would be very hard to balance seeing as it would have a very very strong snowball effect. All it takes is a 3x in safety and you will easily surpass people trading a 6x in any other ship (haven't done the numbers, but I'd expect it to potentially be even more extreme than that).
The dodgy cloak was just a fun idea. Technically it should have been its own suggestion in a different thread. It doesn't need any kind of cloak at all - or IG. If you want to lessen its effect, even take out the JD so it can't use jump routes.
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I agree that new ships are not needed, Page's method of recycling mostly unused ships is the way to go.